• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Solicitors Letter Re: Unpaid PCN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was it the same camera for both images

Post up the NTK suitably redacted.

What happened to,that letter saying it was cancelled?

Comment

Deleted

Comment

I don't know if it was the same camera for both images.

The NTK is attached below.

The letter saying it was cancelled had a different date and reference number, as mentioned in post #5.

cheers

Mark

Last edited by MarkW68; 13th January 2021, 15:24:PM.

Comment

Lots missing, let's see the reverse please.

Suggest you edit to remove PC number etc

Comment

The reverse is blank.

I'll edit the photo as you suggest.

​​​​
            cheers
            Mark
            Last edited by MarkW68; 13th January 2021, 15:05:PM.

Comment

How do I delete an image?

cheers
              Mark

Comment

Originally posted by MarkW68 View Post
                How do I delete an image?

cheers
                Mark
                Done.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

And the dates you've deleted?

Comment

PCN issue date: 26/02/2020
                      Incident date: 19/02/2020

Comment

And the reverse

Comment

The reverse is blank. What should be on the reverse?

Comment

So compare the requirements of POFA with what is on the NTK., especially paragraph 9.

Here's a starter that would normally sent as the first response to the appeal,.

Dear Sirs,

I have just received your Notice to Keeper No. xxxxx for vehicle VRM xxxx

You have failed to comply with the requirements of Schedule 4 of The Protection Of Freedoms Act 2012 namely, but not limited to, failing to give notice of keeper liability as prescribed by section 9 (2) (f) of the Act. You cannot, therefore, transfer liability for the alleged charge from the driver at the time to me, the keeper.

There is no legal requirement to name the driver at the time and I will not be doing so.

I do not expect to hear from you again, or your debt collectors, except to confirm that no further action will be taken on this matter and my personal details have been removed from your records.

Yours etc

Add in the rest of the fails.

Comment

Here's the letter I've drafted:

Dear Sirs,

I have just received your Notice to Keeper No. xxxxx for vehicle VRM xxxx

You have failed to comply with the requirements of Schedule 4 of The Protection Of Freedoms Act 2012 namely, but not limited to, failing to give notice of keeper liability as prescribed by section 9 (2) (f) of the Act. You cannot, therefore, transfer liability for the alleged charge from the driver at the time to me, the keeper.

There is no legal requirement to name the driver at the time and I will not be doing so.

Also, regarding the NTK you eventually sent me in response to the SAR. There are a number of points where you have failed to comply with the legislation.

I refer to Schedule 4 of The Protection Of Freedoms Act 2012

Section 9 (2)

(e) state that the creditor does not know both the name of the driver and a current address for service for the driver and invite the keeper-
                              (i) to pay the unpaid parking charges; or
                              (ii) if the keeper was not the driver of the vehicle, to notify the creditor of the name of the driver and a current address for service for the driver and to pass the notice on to the driver;

You failed to comply with this.

(f) warn the keeper that if, after the period of 28 days beginning with the day after that on which the notice is given—
                              (i)the amount of the unpaid parking charges specified under paragraph (d) has not been paid in full, and
                              (ii) the creditor does not know both the name of the driver and a current address for service for the driver
                              ,the creditor will (if all the applicable conditions under this Schedule are met) have the right to recover from the keeper so much of that amount as remains unpaid;

You failed to comply with the underlined.

Section 9 (4)

The notice must be given by—
                              (a) handing it to the keeper, or leaving it at a current address for service for the keeper, within the relevant period; or
                              (b) sending it by post to a current address for service for the keeper so that it is delivered to that address within the relevant period.

You failed to comply with this.

I do not expect to hear from you again, or your debt collectors, except to confirm that no further action will be taken on this matter and my personal details have been removed from your records.

Yours etc

Is this OK?

Comment

It's been a week since I posted, and I've had no reply. Just checking it hasn't been overlooked.

cheers
                                Mark

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X