• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Ticket in Courtesy Car

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Ticket in Courtesy Car

A letter was received, dated 25 September 2020 regarding a parking charge, which was originally issued on 27th August 2020, for exceeding the length of time a courtesy car was parked in a supermarket car park on the 12th August.
    This means the issue date of the notice was 15 days after the alleged parking violation.
    Presumably the original notice went to the motor dealership.
    Does the hirer have to pay the £70.00 which has now accrued, and if not how should the letter be worded?
    Last edited by TheodoreJ; 30th September 2020, 20:19:PM.
    Tags: None

Edit your post so that the identify of the driver cannot be inferred, use "the driver ..... " etc. The driver drove, the hirer handles matters

With your letter, notice to hirer, did you also get a copy of your hire agreement AND the original Notice to Keeper that went to the dealership

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
      Edit your post so that the identify of the driver cannot be inferred, use "the driver ..... " etc. The driver drove, the hirer handles matters

With your letter, notice to hirer, did you also get a copy of your hire agreement AND the original Notice to Keeper that went to the dealership
      No, nothing.
      Last edited by TheodoreJ; 30th September 2020, 19:52:PM.

Comment

Edit again. Both posts. The hirer received. How could the driver receive anything, the parking company do not know those detailsDO NOT IDENTIFY THE DRIVER

OK you've added that no hire contract was received.

So what was this form that was filled in? Need the FULL story.

May have have pulled failure out of the jaws of success.

Sirs

Ref PCN xxxxx VRM yyyyyy

I am the hirer/keeper of the above vehicle and am in receipt of the PCN you issued. I have no liability on this matter as you have failed to meet the requirements of Schedule 4 of The Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 namely, but not limited to, failing to supply the additional documents mandated by section 14 (2) (a) of the Act. You cannot therefore transfer liability from the driver at the time to me, the hirer keeper..

There is no legal requirement to identify the driver at the time and I will not be doing so.

Any further communication with me on this matter, apart from confirmation of no further action and my details being removed from your records, will be considered vexatious and harassment. This includes communication from any Debt Collection companies you care to instruct.

Yours etc.

Comment

Notice to hirer.

Comment

So have you returned the form to them ? If so what did you say?

Comment

No I still have the form.
              I know nothing about this vehicle or the driver on the stated date. See attached letter.

Comment

OK, if the driver has not been identified send of that appeal

Comment

OK, if the driver has not been identified send of that appeal
                  Shall I also state section 8 (4) (a)

Comment

Originally posted by TheodoreJ View Post

Shall I also state section 8 (4) (a)
                    Sorry 8 (4) (b) - within 14 days etc

Comment

You are not reading POFA correctly, 8 (4) (b) is for windscreen tickets and it is 28 days anyway.

You have a hire car and it is section 14 as the appeal states

Please do not modify carefully crafted appeals.

Comment

You are not reading POFA correctly, 8 (4) (b) is for windscreen tickets and it is 28 days anyway.

You have a hire car and it is section 14 as the appeal states

Please do not modify carefully crafted appeals.
                        Will send as directed. Thank you for your help.

Comment

Edit again. Both posts. The hirer received. How could the driver receive anything, the parking company do not know those detailsDO NOT IDENTIFY THE DRIVER

OK you've added that no hire contract was received.

So what was this form that was filled in? Need the FULL story.

May have have pulled failure out of the jaws of success.

Sirs

Ref PCN xxxxx VRM yyyyyy

I am the hirer/keeper of the above vehicle and am in receipt of the PCN you issued. I have no liability on this matter as you have failed to meet the requirements of Schedule 4 of The Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 namely, but not limited to, failing to supply the additional documents mandated by section 14 (2) (a) of the Act. You cannot therefore transfer liability from the driver at the time to me, the hirer keeper..

There is no legal requirement to identify the driver at the time and I will not be doing so.

Any further communication with me on this matter, apart from confirmation of no further action and my details being removed from your records, will be considered vexatious and harassment. This includes communication from any Debt Collection companies you care to instruct.

Yours etc.
                          Letter received today stating PCN cancelled n full and no further action will be taken regarding this matter.

Thank NX you so much for your help.

Comment

Glad it worked out

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X