• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

APCOA and solicitor letter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• APCOA and solicitor letter

Received an APCOA letter in February addressed to the registered keeper of my car stating the driver owes £60 as they parked on or within a no parking area. This was in a hospital car park where the driver was parked on a footpath due to there being no parking spaces. The registered keeper has since received a letter from ZZPS debt collectors stating £130 is now owed and a letter from QDR solicitors last week stating there are 14 days to pay £142 or they may recommend their client passes this to their litigation department and they may file for a CCJ. Can anyone help please, based in Northern Ireland. Thanks*
    Last edited by Jimmy624; 3rd May 2020, 22:00:PM.
    Tags: None

I believe that in NI you can ignore as POFA does not apply and they can only chase the driver, who they do not know.* So edit your post so that the identity of the driver cannot be inferred.* Use "the driver ......" etc.* The keeper received the notice.

Recommending that their client takes legal action is not a good business plan as they will not be paid.* The can't just file for a CCJ, it had to go through a court first and the court will contact you if that happens

Comment

Thank you - so I do nothing? I have read lots of the forum which suggests APCOA and their enforcement don’t end up anywhere but also some where the person does get issued a CCJ though which worries me.*
      Last edited by Jimmy624; 3rd May 2020, 22:08:PM.

Comment

How are you going to get a CCJ against you*

Comment

The keeper will just get a letter in the post stating they are now progressing it to the small claims court as they have received no correspondence?? The company who issued the notice have photographed the keepers vehicle and a photo of their sign in the car park which apparently outlines where not to park.
          Last edited by Jimmy624; 4th May 2020, 10:49:AM.

Comment

The keeper got letter. and it was the keepers car. Edit.

THey don't know the identity of the driver so don't tell them
            Last edited by ostell; 4th May 2020, 11:12:AM.

Comment

Ok well as long as the bill doesn’t keep increasing and I end up in court or have my credit report ruined with a CCJ I will be happy*

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X