• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

NCP Parking Charge notice received 74 days after parking incident - is that too long?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCP Parking Charge notice received 74 days after parking incident - is that too long?

Parking Charge notice received 74 days after parking incident

Hi

Can someone advise if a parking charge notice being received 74 days after the incident is enforceable?

It is an NCP car park and they clearly have NAPR photos of my car so it is a fair cop from that respect - although I have no idea whether it was me or the wife driving the car. however I sort of feel the time delay from incident to receipt of the notice is unreasonable? It is titled Parking Charge Notice to Keeper - but they don't actually mention the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012, but as the Charge uses ANPR identification does that mean the POFA automatically applies?

Thanks
    Last edited by Swift98; 9th April 2020, 12:15:PM.
    Tags: None

So don't infer the possible identity of the driver, edit your post.* If they know the identity of the driver there is no time limit, apart from 6 years to bring a claim.

Is this a hire car?

To hold the keeper liable with no windscreen ticket the NTK has to be received by the registered keeper within 14 days.

Comment

thanks for the reply - no not a hire car.

There was no windscreen ticket. Presumably I just reply and say I don't know who was driving that day and also I'm not accepting any liability as the notification was after 74 days and hence outside the 14 days statutory limit?

Comment

Don't even hint at who could have been driving!!

.Dear Sirs,
        I have just received your Notice to Keeper xxxxx for vehicle VRM xxxx
        You have failed to comply with the requirements of Schedule 4 of The Protection Of Freedoms Act 2012 namely, but not limited to, failing to deliver the notice within the relevant period of 14 days as prescribed by section 9 (4) of the Act.* You cannot, therefore, transfer liability for the alleged charge from the driver at the time to me, the keeper.
        There is no legal requirement to name the driver at the time and I will not be doing so.
        Any further communication with me on this matter, apart from confirmation of no further action and my details being removed from your records, will be considered vexatious and harassment. This includes communication from any Debt Collection companies you care to instruct.
        Yours etc

First class post with free certificate of posting from any post office.* It will probably be rejected but come back for additional help.

ANPR doesn't automatically mean POFA applies but they have to get it right in order to transfer liability from the unknown driver to the keeper.

Comment

Brilliant! thank you.

Comment

Hi SWIFT98 - too received one from start of January. Appealed it as above - duly cancelled. Clearly trying to raise some funds. Good luck.

Comment

Made an account and jumped on just to say this is still working! Got a letter this morning from NCP about a parking charge notice almost 3 months old - appealed almost word for word with what Ostell kindly wrote and got an email not 3 hours later wiping off the charge and closing the matter! Thanks all in the thread for the advice and helping us all out all the best everyone!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X