• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

BW Legal threatening legal action.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BW Legal threatening legal action.

Hi everyone, I’m new here so please go easy! My wife received a PCN from Britannia Parking in December 2019.
    Obviously I contested the parking charge on my wife’s behalf and now they are sending myself debt collector letters and threatening court action.
    I’m just after a bit of advice wether I should take this to court (if it actually gets that far) as A, despite several requests for photographic evidence clearly showing the driver they just have the same grainy image showing nothing much more than the outline of the car and zoomed in image of licence plate and B, are they actually allowed to take to court a person who wasn’t the actual driver or even the owner of the vehicle? (My wife was the owner but we’ve since sold the car).

I haven’t advised BW Legal that I’m not the owner as I believe it to be their mistake and would rather withhold this information until if court proceedings are started.

The apparent debt we owe is £160 which I think is disgusting as the hourly rate for parking is around £1.30ph.

Any advice anyone could give is greatly appreciated!!
    Tags: None

So are you the registered keeper (at the time)? They are allowed to claim from the keeper of the car if they don't know the identity of the driver, BUT they have to jump through the hoops of POFA http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/...dule/4/enacted Without a windscreen ticket then paragraph 9 is of interest..

So post up the first letter you received, suitably redacted but leave dates.

Has the driver at the time been identified* Yes or No

It's not unknown for them to chase the wrong person.

Comment

Hi, thanks for your response OSTELL.
      My wife was the keeper of the vehicle at the time (not myself) of the alleged penalty, however as I contacted Britannia Parking to contest the fine on her behalf they have since made all further letters addressed to myself.
      Now, BW Legal are doing the same.

Obviously I would rather they chase me for this rather than my wife but hoped that if this did go to court then this ‘technicality’ may have helped.

No, driver has not been identified.

I’ll hunt out the original letter sent ASAP and post it up on here, with personal information retracted.

Thanks again.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X