• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CP Plus & dcbl parking fine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CP Plus & dcbl parking fine

I just received a letter from dcpl a debt enforcment agency.
    saying I owe £170 for an incedent that happened on 20/02/2016, in a motorway car park controlled by CP Plus Ltd.*

However at the time I never received a parking invoice or any letter or evidence to this affect. This bailiffs letter is the first that I am hearing of this over 3 years later.*

I have since moved house twice since then and had the car in question registered at each address. And yet still have not received any correspondence from anyone regarding this alleged incedent.

That's not to mention that I wasn't at the service station anywhere near the amount of time of 2 hours, the limit for parking their.*

What should I do now? As the bailiffs are threatening legal action.*
    Tags: None

They are not bailiffs, they are mere debt collectors.* They usually say so in their letters.* They don't own the debt, they can't take you to court.

Edit so that the driver cannot be inferred.*

Write back go DCBL stating that this is the first you have heard of this matter and you deny any debt to CP+ and refer the matter back to their principal.

A SAR request to CP+ demanding all documentation that they hold about you and your car, including letters and photos.

Comment

They're called 'Certificated Bailiffs & High Court Enforcement' but don't be fooled that's just the company name, They can only act as debt collectors at the moment as I very much doubt the debt has been to court, as the letter probably has a paragraph where they say they may recommend to the client 'CP Plus' as the next step to take the matter to court. This is most likely just another scare tactic. Debt collectors and bailiffs have different powers. Debt collectors can only send you letters asking you to pay, whereas bailiffs have the power to come to your home to collect the payment. The letter and name are design to scare you into paying,

I have just received the same letter, I suggest you read through this link to another forum. It's exactly what I would do next and I suggest you do the same. Read the whole thread.

Take care.

P.s I'm sorry the link is to another site but it's really great information!

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com...very-5-yrs-old

Comment

Bailiffs, or correctly Court Enforcement Officers, can only make a visit IF it has been to court and IF you lost.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X