• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN from ParkingEye - Didn't realise I was that long parking?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCN from ParkingEye - Didn't realise I was that long parking?

Hi There, It's been a long time since I had to come back here but I have received another Parking Charge Notice. I'm not sure if the PCN rules/legal rights etc have changed, but £40 charge seems exuberant for a few extra minutes! The sign says 1hr 30mins, I was recorded as 1hr 57mins. Can I appeal this?
    Tags: None

Edit so that the identity of the driver cannot be inferred.

Going to be difficult for a 2 hour stay instead of 1 1/2 but a bit more of an explanation might help and both sides of the PCN suitably redeacted but leave dates.

Comment

If I appeal, which can be done on Parking Eye's website, and then is found to be rejected by POPLA, will I have to pay £70, as opposed to the discounted £40?

Comment

So post up the PCN as requested, both sides. Without sight of this then difficult to advise.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Parking Eye 2b.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	181.4 KB
ID:	1494594
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Parking eye 1b.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	1494592
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
            So post up the PCN as requested, both sides. Without sight of this then difficult to advise.
            Hi There, I have reposted with the PCN on this thread

Comment

Ok guys, if you are reading this, I approached Asda direct and contacted customer services. I complained about the PCN and the fact that I shop there regularly, therefore was unfair to receive a £40/70 bill because I was over the free parking time slot. They in turn directed me back to the store and suggested I speak to the Duty Manager. Having visited the store and explaining the issue with the duty manager, he took my PCN and kindly cancelled it with Parking Eye. He gave me a print out to confirm it and returned all the paperwork. Hopefully it will be the last of it but the moral of the story is, get your shopping done within the free parking time slot and clear the space for other customers - simples! In the end it saves a lot of hassle for all involved

Comment

So keep that piece of paper in a very safe place !

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X