• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN - Ticket paid through app, for wrong vehicle.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCN - Ticket paid through app, for wrong vehicle.

Hi all,

It's been a few years since I've fought a PCN and I understand that things are a bit different now with the old 'Genuine pre-estimate of loss' route not being as successful these days?

I recently paid for parking in a PPS carpark with ANPR, using the RingGo app. However, I mistakenly paid for an old vehicle (which was selected as the default vehicle), which was scrapped 4-5 years ago.

I appealed to state that I had in fact paid for a ‘space’ and this was simply an admin error on my part. I asked them to check their ANPR and they would find no record of the car I paid for parking there, and if they checked through DVLA records, they would find this vehicle was also registered to me, before it was scrapped 4-5 years ago.

My main argument being that there was no loss in profit at all to PPS, and that by looking at the details (the linked vehicles on my RinGo account, time I entered Vs time I paid for the (wrong) vehicle parking - within 40 seconds and screenshots of my parking statement etc. this should have been enough evidence to prove that this was just a genuine mistake on my part, and that no loss of profits had been caused.

This morning, I received a generic template response that doesn’t even attempt to address ANY of the points I raised, and essentially says “You entered at this time, here is another picture of your vehicle, we have no record of you paying for parking, therefore the ticket still stands”.

My questions are:
    • Is it still worth appealing at all these days.
    • Is it worth taking the case to POPLA based on these circumstances?
    • I understand the ‘Genuine Pre-Estimate of Loss’ argument is no longer valid as it’s something to do with the fine needing to be seen as a deterrent… However, could I argue that I am in no need of deterrent, having clearly proven that this was just a genuine user error in using the app?

Any advice / thought are much appreciated!
    Tags: None

You will not win with the parking company systems but a court of law would probably side with you, on the basis that the technology failed.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X