• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Charge Notice, I own a Parking Permit but It Wasn't Showing on Dashboard!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Charge Notice, I own a Parking Permit but It Wasn't Showing on Dashboard!

Hi All,

Looking for some advice, I don't drive my car very much as I live in the center of town. I recently found a parking charge notice on my windshield dated 04/09/19, upon checking why it appears I hadn't displayed my parking permit correctly as it was on the floor of my car.

I live with my girlfriend who is the leaseholder for the flat (I have recently moved in) and as I am the only one with the car the parking permit is essentially mine to use. I'm intending to challenge this as I pay for the permit on an annual basis so just because it wasn't displayed correctly I'm hoping to get it overturned.

Does anyone have any advice on what I should be writing to the UK Parking Patrol Office?

Look forward to any responses.

Cheers,
    Last edited by The Thimble; 9th September 2019, 14:07:PM.
    Tags: None

Edit so that the identity of the driver cannot be inferred.

So what does the lease say about parking? What do the signs say?

So you appeal, as the keeper, so that it arrives on day 26. You can state that the signs aren't clear and are incapable of forming a contract. The idea is to to get them to write to you without contacting the DVLA or sending a NTK within 56 days.

Comment

Thanks, I will take pictures of the signs tonight and have a look at a copy of the lease, what should I be looking for?

Why should I appeal as the "keeper" and try to hide my identity as the "driver"? (Sorry first appeal to a PCN).

I have a 14 day window to make an appeal to get the fine reduced to £60 instead of £100 so do I need to get the appeal to arrive on the 14th day instead of the 26th as you previously suggested?

Cheers,

Comment

If they know the driver then they can proceed against the driver. If they don't know the driver then they can only claim against the keeper if they follow the requirements of Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012. They have to get a Notice to keeper delivered between days 28 and 56 and get the wording correct. Appealing on day 26 is so that it arrives before they can contact the DVLA on day 28 and reduce the period they have to realise their error. By day 56 if there is no NTK or they have not contacted the DVLA then there can be no claim against the keeper

Comment

Hi Ostell,

Please see attached picture of the notice displayed in the car park.
          Attached Files

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X