• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MET Appeal rejected - Already confirmed I was driver - Any hope?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MET Appeal rejected - Already confirmed I was driver - Any hope?

Hi all

Would welcome some advice for a naive fool.

Having appealed to the better nature nature of MET (I know.....) and played the 'didn't see, wasn't aware' card, naturally MET have deigned not to accept the appeal and I now have the option to pay the 'good faith' reduced charge of £50 or take it to POPLA.

I have already appealed to the good grace of Ronald McDonald, whose car park tenure I infringed and received a cursory corporate brush-off. Apparently they have no power over their own car parks. Hmmm...

Hindsight being a powerful thing, and having researched this excellent forum, I realize now what a fool I have been in accepting that I was there, but do I have any options left to deflect this PCN?

Any wise words gratefully received.

Woodley
    Tags: None

Is this McD themselves or a franchisee? Their is possibly no contract with a franchisee

Comment

Hi OSTELL,

on further research, it does seem that this is a franchise restaurant.

Woodley

Comment

So who do MET have the contract with? It needs to be the landholder, the franchisee. If it's with Mcd's themselves then there is no authority to issue charges.

You want to see thee contract that gives them the right to issue charges.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X