• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Boxed junction penalty in London - good reasons for appeal ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxed junction penalty in London - good reasons for appeal ?

Hi guys

Some time ago I got fine for stopping in boxed junction in London. Have video of it.
    I appealed to London tribunal but it was rejected and in their justification I haven’t found anything that answered why they did not take my particular circumstances into account, these were:

There were three lanes before and after box junction.
    I was in right lane.
    As green light lit and cars moved in front of boxed junction I have anticipated at least two spaces available in my lane
    There was a car in front of me. We both moved forward and as I have moved onto boxed junction and had space another car from middle lane suddenly swerved into my lane ( as he didn’t have space after box junction in his lane ) and thus took my predicted space.

Why am I being punished for that. It’s said I have to predict situation on road and I did. I predicted space after box junction but some idiot cut into my lane on box junction. I can not predict the unpredictable and erratic behaviour of other road users.
    Am I right or wrong in assuming I shouldn’t be fined.
    Tags: None

There is no automatic right of appeal against the adjudicator's decision. However, in limited circumstances a decision can be reviewed.

The grounds for review are:
    • The decision was wrongly made because of an error by our administrative staff;
    • You failed to appear or be represented at a hearing for some good reason;
    • There is new evidence, the existence of which could not have been reasonably known of or foreseen before the decision; or
    • The interests of justice require a review. You should note that an adjudicator's findings of fact are normally regarded as final and will only be overturned if they are plainly incompatible with the evidence that was before the adjudicator. The mere fact that you disagree with these findings is not a ground for review.

A review will only be granted if an adjudicator is satisfied that one or more of these applies. A review is NOT simply an opportunity for you to appeal again. You will not be granted a review just because you disagree with the adjudicator's decision.

Post the adjudicators decision or the case reference number.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X