• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

TPS tickets, 4 years old. Now letters from BW legal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TPS tickets, 4 years old. Now letters from BW legal

In 2015 I got 2x parking tickets from TPS for parking at work (a hospital), parking charges had only just been introduced and as staff I paid a monthly fee for a staff permit for the staff car park which was often full. Work sent out a staff bulletin which included some info saying the parking wardens would concentrate on visitors and that if staff couldn't find a space as long as they were parked sensibly and not blocking people in they would not get a ticket.

within a couple of weeks I had two tickets, one for being in a visitors car park and one for being on a verge. This was so long ago, before the Beavjs case and most people said ignore. I ignored one but appealed another. Citing the staff bulletin, I wrote to them and told them all of this and asked if they didn't accept the appeal I'd like a popla ref. They wrote back saying they didn't accept my appeal but did not include a popla ref so I just ignored all future letters.

havent heard anything for years until today. BW legal saying they've been instructed by TPS in relation to the balance due.

oart of my problem is I no longer have the word document saved where I had copied the staff bulletin as it was on my work computer and I left a year ago. So I have no evidence of this. I also don't have a copy of the letter I sent them or the reply....I kept them for a few years but assumed it had been forgotten about.

im cross about this and want to dispute it. I also don't think the signs were adequate but again have no proof to what the signs were 4 years ago, I know new signs have been added since then but am sure they will deny this.

ive rung them and told them I'm disputing it but I'm sure I'll get nowhere with them, so what now?

do I wait and go to court? Are they likely to take me to court? Will a court find in my favour?
    Tags: None

Should I send them a letter repeating my dispute? Can someone please help draft a letter as I don't know what to say?

Comment

Hi & welcome to LB.

Do TPS still patrol there?
      Have you tried PALS for intervention?
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

I think TPS still patrol there, not sure. I haven't contacted PALs as I'm not a patient and think they only deal with patient hospital disputes. I'm going to contact the union.

Comment

Originally posted by Binka View Post
          I think TPS still patrol there, not sure. I haven't contacted PALs as I'm not a patient and think they only deal with patient hospital disputes. I'm going to contact the union.
          Nope....PALS definitely have this within their remit.
          Is the BWL communication an official letter before county court claim?
          Is it a pre-action protocol? (A pack containing, among other things, a tick-box form to complete & return, an income/expenditure sheet, etc.)
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
          gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X