• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

McDonald’s parking ticket disabled bay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McDonald’s parking ticket disabled bay

A driver used my car and visited McDonald’s on 8/3/19 and parked in a disabled bay and ran in and purchased Mcdonald’s. I have now received a parking charge dated 5/4/19 for parking in a disabled bay without clearly displaying a blue badge. Do I have any grounds to appeal since a £100 charge, dropped to £50 of paid in 14 days, seems rather hefty for the 5-10 minutes the driver was parked there. Any help would be highly appreciated.
    Last edited by Zoebolt1; 19th April 2019, 16:46:PM.
    Tags: None

First up edit your post so the driver's identity cannot be inferred.
    Please then post up the notice you have received (remove identification first)

Looks like they might be out of time with that notice.

Comment

Do not ID who was driving/parking on the day of the alleged contravention.

There is possibly the issue of allowable 'grace periods'.

So do not say that it was the driver who left the car park.
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Comment

Sorry for the long reply...today is my last day to appeal and I have been so busy I only just realised!

Comment

Originally posted by Zoebolt1 View Post
            Sorry for the long reply...today is my last day to appeal and I have been so busy I only just realised!
            No period of time shown on NtK.
            Plus sent outside of the 14 day window for PoFA transfer of liability.

So *unless they know who the driver is, they can jog on.

* des8 post #2?
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

EDIT your FIRST POST so DRIVER canNOT be IDENTIFIED.

Parking companies follow forums

Comment

Thank you, so should I appeal saying I wasn't the driver or should I just ignore it? thanks again.
                Last edited by Zoebolt1; 19th April 2019, 16:47:PM.

Comment

To edit post go to blue bar at bottom and click on edit button.

Yes appeal, but most likely it will be rejected as all they want is your money!

Comment

Originally posted by Zoebolt1 View Post
                    Thank you, so should I appeal saying I wasn't the driver or should I just ignore it? thanks again.
                    No, you appeal as the registered keeper. (RK)

They have 2 possible routes.

1/ Via the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012, where it is possible to transfer liability from the driver to the RK.
                    But to do so, their paperwork has to be virtually 100%.

Or

2/ They can pursue via common law breach of contract, but to do so they can only pursue the driver, not the RK.
                    Perhaps you can see why it is so important not to reveal the ID of the driver.
                    Not even on internet forums.
                    CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Was there a ticket on the windscreen? Can we see the reverse of that notice as there seem to be multiple fails of POFA and therefore no keeper liability.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X