• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN Ticket on Private Bay.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear sirs

RE: [Their ref: vehicle reg no]

I am the registered keeper of the car and in receipt of the above PCN. I have no liability on this matter. The notice to keeper is defective as you have failed to meet some of the requirements of protection of freedoms act; namely but not limited to

PoFA 7(1)A, which is to be relied on as a notice to driver for the purposes of paragraph 6(1)(a) is given in accordance with this paragraph if the following requirements are met.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/...dule/4/enacted

It must;

(a) specify the vehicle, the relevant land on which it was parked, and the period of parking to which the notice relates.

The notice to Driver only shows a time and not a period.

This omission on your ‘notice to driver’ renders your notice void, and any further postal notice(s) (ie, notice to registered keeper) are subsequently invalid in law.

In light of this, please ensure that you cease any further action on this matter.

PLEASE NOTE

Please remove my personal data from your records, as it is no longer needed by you for processing purposes.

Please ensure that neither you, nor any 3rd agent, pursue this erroneous demand.

I expect to receive no further communication on this matter, save a confirmation of removal of data.

Yours sincerely,

[YOU]
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

I'm so grateful for this, been editing and re-editing,, Thank you..

Comment

Originally posted by momy3 View Post
        I'm so grateful for this, been editing and re-editing,, Thank you..
        You're welcome.

(It was either this or doing the housework!)
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Hello charitynjw ostell

we received a letter back ftomorrow them and they pretended like an initial letter was never received and went ahead to ask for the full payments. Pls what is the next step. Thank you.
          I will upletter..
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello charitynjw ostell

we received a letter back ftomorrow them and they pretended like an initial letter was never received and went ahead to ask for the full payments. Pls what is the next step. Thank you.
            I will upletter..
            Did you get proof of posting?
            CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

The reply was on their website amd they confirmed receipt by email

Comment

So you've got the NtD/NtK failures & the rubbish sign (See attached....recognise the name? )
                Attached Files
                CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Loll, they even paid them for taking time out to come to the court and Yes, I recognise the name

Comment

Hope I don’t sound silly if I ask what the Ntks and Ntd failures are?

Comment

Hope I don’t sound silly if I ask what the Ntks and Ntd failures are?
                      No period of time stated on either the NtD or the postal NtK.
                      CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                      Phelps, C. C.

Comment

So what should I write back, as I seem to understand the point but unable to use it wisely..

Comment

So what should I write back, as I seem to understand the point but unable to use it wisely..
                          You've already written to them (The letter per post #16)
                          If they choose to ignore, that's their funeral!

If it makes you feel more comfortable, send another copy with a covering letter (Just refer to the enclosed letter sent <date>)
                          CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                          Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Oh great, thank you. Is there any need for me to reiterate the No Period stated on the Ntk?

Comment

Oh great, thank you. Is there any need for me to reiterate the No Period stated on the Ntk?
                              If it were me I'd just resend a copy of the previous letter with a covering letter

"Please refer to my previous letter.
                              I have enclosed a copy of it for convenience.

Yours......"
                              CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Thank you so much. I appreciate..

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X