• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN Ticket on Private Bay.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCN Ticket on Private Bay.

Hi everyone, would appreciate suggestions on this type
    pf issue.

A ticket has been issued to us on our private parking bay. We have been renting the flat for about three years and that is our allotted parking bay. It must have fallen off after shutting the door. Please, how can I deal with the issue. My rental agreement doesn’t state that the space is my parking, but we were verbally told and given the permit as our allotted parking space. I would appreciate suggestions. Thank you..

I have attached pcn.
    Tags: None

The Ticket
    Attached Files

Comment

The back page..
      Attached Files

Comment

Who allotted the bay, the landlord? ask your landlord if the space is allocated to him in his lease.

What do the signs say? are they forbidding, ie "permit holders only" or similar.

Usully it is appeal so that it arrives on day 26. You appeal about unclear signage, no authority to go on the land. Use a variation of your name so that it is different from the V5 address but no madly so that a response cannot be delivered. The idea is to get them to talk to you without sending a Notice to Keeper or contacting the DVLA, The modified address will indicate if they have contacted the DVLA. No NTK or no contact with the DVLA then no keeper liability. They have until day 56 to get it correct.

Comment

It was not posted to us. The ticket was placed on the windscreen. The signage says for permit holders only, and we have a permit. However it must have fallen perhaps whilst shutting the door, hence it was not displayed on the dashboard. I will upload signage in a few minutes.

Comment

The notice to driver (windscreen PCN) is defective.

7(1)A notice which is to be relied on as a notice to driver for the purposes of paragraph 6(1)(a) is given in accordance with this paragraph if the following requirements are met.

(2)The notice must

(a)specify the vehicle, the relevant land on which it was parked and the period of parking to which the notice relates;

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/...dule/4/enacted

That notice to driver (windscreen PCN) only shows a time, not a period .

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/period

As any subsequent postal notice is dependent on the notice to driver being correct.....well, end of, really! (Refer section 8 of the Act).

Do not ID the driver (at the time of parking).....refer to 'the driver' or 'the registered keeper' as necessary.

CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
            gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by momy3 View Post
              It was not posted to us. The ticket was placed on the windscreen. The signage says for permit holders only, and we have a permit. However it must have fallen perhaps whilst shutting the door, hence it was not displayed on the dashboard. I will upload signage in a few minutes.
              Yes, it was on the windscreen put the next stage is a Notice to Keeper, which has to arrive between days 28 and 56. Just trying to disrupt the process.

The NTD says no permit, the signage is forbidding, ie no offer of parking without a permit

Comment

The signage
                Attached Files

Comment

Interesting..
                  so should time be waited out or a reply be made..

Comment

Interesting..
                    so should time be waited out or a reply be made..
                    Did you read post #4?

Comment

ostell I was eager to respond and upload signage, I missed out the bottom part of the note. However I have read it a few times and can’t make out what sort of response you described. Is there a sort of template I can refer to on this forum? Thank you

Comment

ostell I was eager to respond and upload signage, I missed out the bottom part of the note. However I have read it a few times and can’t make out what sort of response you described. Is there a sort of template I can refer to on this forum? Thank you
                        I don't think there is a template on the site.
                        They are usually bespoke.
                        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                        gets his brain a-going.
                        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

You write to them stating that you, as the registered keeper, are appealing the issue of the parking charge that has been handed to you by the driver. Then you state a few of the reasons why you are not liable, such as bad signage and no authority to operate on the site. It matters not what. The whole idea is to get them to forget to send a notice to keeper or contact the DVLA within the time scale required to hold the keeper liable. No mentioning of the ID of the driver.

Comment

Thank you guys. I will cook up something and post it up for critique. I understand the template, doesn’t really matter, but will still post up what I come up with. Thanks again.

Comment

Will update..

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X