• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Link parking ticket received

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And who are BWL asking you to pay? Not unknown for parking companies and debt collectors to "borrow" a solicitors letterhead to try and frighten the alleged debtor

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
      And who are BWL asking you to pay? Not unknown for parking companies and debt collectors to "borrow" a solicitors letterhead to try and frighten the alleged debtor

“... As you have failed to make a payment or raise a valid appeal within 28 days, from the date of the PCN(s), the balance due remains outstanding and we require payment in full within 14 days from the date of this letter. If you fail to make payment or provide reasons for non-payment within the specified timeframe, we will commence legal proceedings against you in the County Court.”

”Legal action remains the last resort for our client. It remains their desire the parties find an amicable solution to bring a conclusion to this matter without the need for legal action to commence.

It is therefore important you contact us to resolve your account... Register on our customer portal... On here you can make a payment.”

On the payment side of the letter all payment is addressed to BWL.

That being said, the letter formatting, the code along the side of the letter and font are all very similar.

Cheers

Comment

Respond pointing out that you have already responded to Link denying any liability but to reiterate for their benefit they have failed to comply with POFA to be able to transfer liability from the driver, and list the fails, and also their sign is incapable of creating a contract that could be breached

Comment

Respond pointing out that you have already responded to Link denying any liability but to reiterate for their benefit they have failed to comply with POFA to be able to transfer liability from the driver, and list the fails, and also their sign is incapable of creating a contract that could be breached
          I sent a letter back of course stating all of this etc and received a generic letter back stating that “by entering the car park you are entering into a contract blah blah blah and that they are holding the keeper responsible. They have not addressed anything I mentioned at all in the correspondence to them. They say they insist on taking it to court.

I have not replied, should I? What are the next steps?

Cheers as always

Comment

Sounds like there is nothing to respond to. I think it's now wait for the claim form from the court.

Comment

Sounds like there is nothing to respond to. I think it's now wait for the claim form from the court.

It’s arrived... How do I construct the response to the claim form?

Comment

Ok so I’ve been given a court date for this...

So LNK and BW legal refused any ‘appeal’ or challenge that was sent to them. 2 court applications have since been received. They are for separate tickets that allegedly occurred at the same place just different dates. The court dates have been split. Should I as the keeper, write to the court to ask them to combine these as one hearing?

my question is that would it be in my interest to write to the court to have 3 tickets combined as one hearing thus I assume put more pressure on them having to pay more costs. Or is it better to win the initial one and then ask the court to write off the others?

ostell*
                Last edited by Fackers; 3rd February 2020, 12:13:PM.

Comment

I’m a little over 2 weeks away from court and im getting nervous now. I’ve got their WS and D which is interesting... How do I structure any costs should I win?

Comment

You've sent your witness statement to the court and the other side?

Comment

Yeah, they’ve asked the court to award them the win due to a lack of detail in the defence. But their defence was received a week over deadline so the keeper wasn’t able to use the PPC’s defence in theirs.*

still, there’s good chance to very poor signage and other cases cited as to the same with the same parking company.*

Comment

So a bit of an update, went to court and it was asked by the district judge for more evidence as the Claimant failed to provide sufficient pictures and relied upon google maps screenshots instead including very tight close up ‘images’. The lockdown will likely now hinder a new hearing date and there is possibility of the case being settled based on the current defence submitted or so im told by the local court. The claimant have also in this time provided generous discount letters twice which is interesting especially if they believe their case is “rock solid” as they said in court.

Is there anything I can do to prepare for any written case / submit to the court to help show my lack of liability to pay the claimants invoice?

Cheers

Comment

charitynjw*ostell*

I’ve had the 2nd court hearing and put all my points across, the new judge wasn’t familiar with the case and didn’t have the trial bundle neither which was a shame. But a deferred decision was to be made as the judge needed more time to go through the details etc.

I’ve called the court today to chase up the decision as it’s been over a fortnight now and the Judge has apparently asked the claimant to submit more details? Now At the end of the case the judge said that no further details or documents can be submitted.... Any guesses as to what this could be? The court couldn’t tell me on the phone.

Cheers!
                          Last edited by Fackers; 16th June 2020, 19:39:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X