• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Late served Notice to keeper... Received NTK in Jan for Aug date

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late served Notice to keeper... Received NTK in Jan for Aug date

Hi,

Thank you in advance for any advice received.

There was a NTK that was received on 26th Jan 2019. For an alleged 'breach of terms and conditions of use' (parked without payment of the parking charge) on the 28/08/2018. On their letter includes vague images but non of where the ticket would likely be placed. The location of the alleged notice is spelt wrong but can assume it is that location.

Following advice on here, a letter was sent to the parking company via recorded delivery on the 28/01/2019...

" Dear Sir / Ma’am

Parking Charge Notice: ************* *************

I am the keeper of vehicle ************* and in receipt of your Notice to Keeper *************

The notice fails to comply with Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 namely, but not limited to, failing to deliver the notice within the relevant period of 14 days contrary to section 9 (4). The notice was posted on the 22/01/19, and by virtue of 9 (6) it can be assumed to have been delivered on 26/01/19, some 152 days after the alleged breach on the 27/08/18.

I, as the keeper, cannot therefore be held liable for the actions of the driver at that time. I am under no legal obligation to identify the driver and I will not be doing so.

I do not expect to hear from you again other than to confirm that there will be no further action against me on this matter and my details have been removed from your files.

Yours sincerely
    Owner

There has since been a new letter received from the parking company on 07/02/19...

"Thank you for your recent letter received on *******

In response to your comment made in your letter, please note notices only need to be issued within 14 days if the notice issued mentions "under Protection of Freedoms Act". According to British Parking Association (BPA) guidelines, the maximum permitted time to notify the registered keeper is no more than 28 days after receiving keeper data from DVLA which takes no more than 35 days. Once we receive the registered keepers information we issue a notice to the customer, and in our documentation, we are able to work in accordance with the BPA code of practice (June 2013) which states that we have up to 28 days to deliver a postal PCN from the date of the contravention.

In order for us to investigate further into this case, we would require you to send a copy of proof from of payment such as ticket, receipt or bank statement if paid by card.

Please can you send the correct information with full name and address within 14 days of the date of this letter to - ADDRESS OF COMPANY

We must advise your case is not on hold as we were not aware of the case reference number and it will continue to progress to the next stage until we hear back from you, this may lead to additional charges being incurred as per the British Parking Association (BPA) guidelines.

Yours Faithfully... "

What should I now do next? All help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

ostell
    Last edited by Fackers; 7th February 2019, 21:15:PM.
    Tags: None

Just ignore and see what comes next. The BPA can say what it likes but POFA is the law and if they don't comply with that then they are going nowhere. If they want to hold the keeper liable when they don't know the identity of the driver then they have to comply with POFA. Their letter does not make much sense as they have your details. It could be they have messed up their own records.

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
      Just ignore and see what comes next. The BPA can say what it likes but POFA is the law and if they don't comply with that then they are going nowhere. If they want to hold the keeper liable when they don't know the identity of the driver then they have to comply with POFA. Their letter does not make much sense as they have your details. It could be they have messed up their own records.

A‘ debt recovery letter ‘has landed through the post in regards to this. Please can you advise on what I should now do next please. Thanks in advance.

Comment

From whom?

Is this the Link PCN?
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
          From whom?

Is this the Link PCN?

Nope, these are two separate tickets and different companies.

Comment

Originally posted by Fackers View Post

Nope, these are two separate tickets and different companies.
            Same old same old, then.

Could you post up pics of:-
            Windscreen PCN (NtD)....front & rear.
            Postal NtK....front & rear.
            Site signage.

As applicable, suitably redacted. (Leave dates/times visible.)

CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Same old same old, then.

Could you post up pics of:-
              Windscreen PCN (NtD)....front & rear.
              Postal NtK....front & rear.
              Site signage.

As applicable, suitably redacted. (Leave dates/times visible.)
              Hi, please find below all the documents needed. They have clearly messed up and forgot to send the NTK on time surely? The NTK has also spelt the address of the parking location incorrect too by 2 letters.

NTC (TICKET) - https://ibb.co/vsn9KPk

NTK - https://ibb.co/r40LcNk // https://ibb.co/zxRWHfz // https://ibb.co/HxnqWss

SIGNS - https://ibb.co/YNJ2dGD // https://ibb.co/9r8KH8M // https://ibb.co/0mJYGF9

RESPONSE FROM PPC - https://ibb.co/gtyCfKz

RECORDED DELIVERY RECIEPT - https://ibb.co/qk32s92

Apologies on the format couldn’t reduce file size.

Cheers in advance as always

Comment

No wonder they didn't mention PoFA.
                Both the windscreen NtD & the postal NtK fail PoFA Sch4......Big time.

They can only pursue via common law breach, & as long as they don't know who was driving/parking, they can jog on!

Btw, you left your name, Bill Smith, on your letter.....shhhhhhhh!
                CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

No wonder they didn't mention PoFA.
                  Both the windscreen NtD & the postal NtK fail PoFA Sch4......Big time.

They can only pursue via common law breach, & as long as they don't know who was driving/parking, they can jog on!

Btw, you left your name, Bill Smith, on your letter.....shhhhhhhh!

Sounds good.

1. What should I do now / what are my next actions?
                  2. Should I respond to them again regarding the ‘invoice chasers’?
                  3. What if they try to push for court hearing?

Cheers

Comment

Dear Bill,

Did you at any time ID the driver/parker?

Regards

Fred
                    CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Dear Bill,

Did you at any time ID the driver/parker?

Regards

Fred
                      I’ve received a new letter today from the PPC (not the debt collection company) regarding this ticket...

https://ibb.co/D7gZmbd
                      https://ibb.co/K9JhV1r

Although I put on the end of my letter about “ I do not wish to hear from you again other to confirm that this has gone away etc” but still getting letters...

What should I do??

Cheers in advance as per

Comment

Originally posted by Fackers View Post

I’ve received a new letter today from the PPC (not the debt collection company) regarding this ticket...

https://ibb.co/D7gZmbd
                        https://ibb.co/K9JhV1r

Although I put on the end of my letter about “ I do not wish to hear from you again other to confirm that this has gone away etc” but still getting letters...

What should I do??

Cheers in advance as per

Do you want to do POPLA?
                        CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

So appeal to POPLA using the POFA fails

Comment

Ignore
                            Last edited by Fackers; 3rd February 2020, 09:30:AM.

Comment

Ignore
                              Last edited by Fackers; 3rd February 2020, 09:29:AM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X