• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking charge notice received from 'one parking solution ltd'

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking charge notice received from 'one parking solution ltd'

Hello...i need help/advice please...i have received a parking charge notice adresed to my partner as she is the registered keeper..but i was the driver . the reason for contravention states no payment/ticket...luckily i the ticket in my possession and confirms date/pymt date etc...so i appealed by email BUT they say although this confirms payment made the car reg was for T..this is shown on ticket too..i never examined this when i made pymt...i never knew infact that car reg that i did enter would be printed on ticket too?..anyway they are saying therfore a payment made but not for this car??..they are asking for 100 pounds discounted to 60 if paid within 14 days??..i know i made payment and it was displayed car dashboard etc...i still have ticket which i emailed to them..what can i do as i know i have paid but for some reason the machine has not printed car reg on ticket?..i feel strongly about not paying thisbutneed help and advice as they say can appeal to popla butif appeal fails then discounted fee will not be an option....i need help writing an appeal?..or should i ignore their appeal outcome letter??..any help appreciated please thank you very much..
    Tags: None

Edit your post so that the identity of the driver cannot be inferred. Use "the driver......"etc.

Post up the Notice that the keeper received, suitably redacted but leave dates, and the signs if possible.

So a payment wqs made and their equipment failed to record the entry correctly. The contract was for contract and paid for, They failed to check that the VRM entered actually belonged to a car that was in the car park.

Comment

Hi..i have attached their correspondence and my ticket clearly showing i had paid the correct amount for the date/time but they say in their reply that it is payment for vehicle T and not my car reg??..im baffled..i have appealed but they have rejected this with their reply attached..do i now appeal to popla as they say the internal appeal has been exhausted,,or do i do nothing?..is this enforceable as i feel strongly i have done nothing wrong..except to perhaps have checked my car reg was clearly on ticket..there must have been a technical error??..if advice is to appeal..what shall i write etc??..please please help??..thank you in advance..
      Attached Files

Comment

Did you read the first line of post #2 ? Please remove identifying details , such as PCN number, from that PCN.

That PCN fails to state 9 (2) (e), as well as other omissions, and therefore liability cannot be transferred from the driver to the keeper.

What was the appeal
        Last edited by ostell; 5th February 2019, 21:21:PM.

Comment

hi..thank you for your reply....my appeal was:_
          "To Whom It may concern:-

Please see attached the payment i made on the said date of alleged charge.Expiry time is 14.50 yet time of contravention is 14.17??-clearly an error on your end?

I disagree clearly with the issue reason as per attached ticket-i did input car reg as i always do and make payment.

There must be a technical issue?

Please note i will not be entering into any further correspondence regards this matter.

I await confirmation from you regards cancellation of alleged parking charge.

AS you know the reply with attachments i have provided can you/someone plse help with drafting reply to POPLA as mindful of expiry of 28days to appeal etc?..many thanks...ps-is it enforceable??

Comment

Originally posted by regret View Post
            hi..thank you for your reply....my appeal was:_
            "to whom it may concern:-

please see attached the payment i made on the said date of alleged charge.expiry time is 14.50 yet time of contravention is 14.17??-clearly an error on your end?

I disagree clearly with the issue reason as per attached ticket-i did input car reg as i always do and make payment.

There must be a technical issue?

Please note i will not be entering into any further correspondence regards this matter.

I await confirmation from you regards cancellation of alleged parking charge.

As you know the reply with attachments i have provided can you/someone plse help with drafting reply to popla as mindful of expiry of 28days to appeal etc?..many thanks...ps-is it enforceable??
            can anyone please help draft a reply for an appeal or should i ignore???..many thanks

Comment

But you have already appealed so they will not permit a second appeal. So who appealed, the driver or the keeper? Giving them the name of the driver is not a good idea. Who was that response to, the keeper or the driver?

There is nothing really than can be appealed. You have admitted driving and therefore there has, technically, been no errors made by the PPC. You will have to go with the standby items of bad signage, no contract with the land owner and you want one supplied and not a mere statement of truth, money paid therefore no breach, system failed to record correctly

Basically it will be waiting for the court claim, if any. Then you can state that the contract was complied with and

Comment

hi.thank you for your reply..i appealed as the driver in the first instance and they responded by writing again to my partner who is the keeper..as previously attached...within their response, they have given opportunity to appeal to POPLA as i have said, and within 28 days so clock is ticking..please can you help with drafting appeal to POPLA...many thanks..ps-after POPLA appeal if unsuccessful can i ignore and wait for court claim if any?ps-i have not technically admitted driving all i said was i paid the monies and not done anything wrong except to check car reg was not recorded correctly...what does no contract with the land owner mean in your last reply?

Comment

Just make sure you do the appeal to POPLA within the specified timescale. Got my own sent in on another case and waiting the result. The parking company are writing to me again even though my appeal is still ongoing so they will attempt to bully payment out of you.

Comment

You are confusing me !!! Why are you continuing to infer the identity of the driver, the parking companies read forums and have been know to use threads in court. They would have fun with this thread.

Basically the driver is always liable (well nearly always) but if they do not know the identity of the driver then they can claim from the keeper. To claim from the keeper then they have to get the paperwork correct, which they haven't. To appeal as the keeper would be a sure fire win at POPLA because of the failures. Why take the risk of appealing as the driver?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X