• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Highview PCN, SCS Law letter -please help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highview PCN, SCS Law letter -please help!

Hello,

Thank you first of all for taking the time to read this.

About 9 months ago the driver received a PCN from Highview Parking, who overstayed in a free retail car park by 31 minutes as they visited multiple shops there. They have kept the receipts which confirm the times and spending in 2 shops.

The driver was away when the PCN letter arrived so had no option but to pay the 90 pound upon return or leave it. Unfortunately the driver was advised by others to ignore it and as a student nurse who didn't have the money to pay at the time, she decided to bury her head in the sand and hoped it would go away....much to her regret now. Several letters arrived which were ignored until they stopped which led to the wishful thought that they had given up.

Recently a letter was sent to the driver's old address, it is from SCS Law. It is not known how long this letter has been at this old address and it so far remains unopened. Should the letter be opened? or should the previous flatmate be asked to return to sender it as it was sent to the wrong address?

The driver is very unsure of what to do next and would be grateful for any advice regarding this mistake. The driver is still a student nurse and therefore won't be able to pay hundreds of pounds for court fees etc.

Thank you for your help.
    Last edited by Lily2019; 20th January 2019, 17:49:PM.
    Tags: None

Edit so that the identity of the driver cannot be inferred, use "the driver......" etc

Post up the original PCN that you received, suitability redacted.

Ignoring is not a good idea and getting the letter to be returned invites a claim in the hope of an uncontested win.

Open the letter and say if it is a " letter before claim" and get back on the forum

there is a limit on the costs in the small claims court, certainly not 100s

Comment

Thanks for your advice, very much appreciated. I have uploaded a redacted version of the initial PCN letter. I don't know if it will make any difference but they state in that letter that they don't want people to park there all day whilst they visit somewhere else and give people enough time to do their shopping. I have the shopping receipts that support that the shopping was done in the shops for which the car park is intended and no other place was visited.

As they have not received a response to their letter the driver is has not been identified by them, merely the keeper..not sure if this makes a difference. I have asked for the legal letter to be opened and will update on what it contains.

(I will try to respond to the messages, but am working 3x 13 hour shifts in the next three days so might not be able to be as responsive as I would like to be.)

Thanks again
      Attached Files

Comment

That letter is not compliant with POFA, at least what I can see. Post up the reverse and tell us the dates. They cannot hold the keeper liable, only the unknown driver

You appeal to Highview, who reject, then you appeal to POPLA who accept. And occasionally Highview will accept.
        Last edited by ostell; 20th January 2019, 22:33:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X