• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Eye - HELP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Eye - HELP

Parking Eye issued a claim against my son totalling £175.
    He failed to reply to the claim form and on 3/10/17 they obtained a default judgment. Unfortunately, we can't find the actual judgment paperwork.
    On 29/10/17 he posted a cheque for £175 (within 28 days) and requested that PE contacted the Court to confirm that the CCJ has been satisfied and ensure that the details were permanently removed from the register of judgements?
    PE have replied today, returning the cheque and stating that the amount owed is £197.
    I wasn't aware that any additional charge was payable for registering the judgment!!
    I would appreciate comments on the above before I respond to PE
    Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Parking Eye - HELP

No it's not! PE are playing silly buggers. I've heard of this happening before. Are they trying to charge for the admin for writing that letter? Have you got the judgment form that you can copy to the forum?

Comment

I can't find the judgment documents only the claim form which itemises the amounts as;

Amount claimed £100
      Court fee £25
      Legal representatives costs £50

I told my son to pay the full £175, which he tried to do, and we would argue over the £50 legal fees, I know they aren't entitled to claim afterwards, primarily to make sure the CCJ was never recorded on his credit file.

I do not want to fork out £225 to submit a N244, as the judgment should never have been registered, if they weren't playing silly buggers.

I've no clue how to take this forwards

Comment

Contact the court which handed down the default judgment.
        They should be able to tell you how much is payable to PE.
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Thanks
          My son has sent an email to MCOL, so we'll wait to see what they say

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X