• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

DVLA requisition for unlicensed vehicle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVLA requisition for unlicensed vehicle

Apologies if this has been posted before but I had a look through the forums and couldn't see anything that answered my question fully..

My mum just received a requisition from the DVLA for keeping her old corsa on the road, complete with attached pictures of it being driven. The pictures of it being driven on the road were taken at 5pm on Christmas eve, after a trader had collected it (on a sorn at the time) at lunchtime.

Following the sale, she posted back the section of the V5c relating to selling to the motor trade but never received a confirmation letter.

Therefore it should be the trader that they are summoning to court, so we will be filling in the 'not guilty plea' section of the paperwork.

My understanding is that they are likely suggest a fine for failing to notify of a change of ownership, as we didn't chase it up, but I just wanted to check my understanding and also ask what we should say if questioned on why we didn't chase it up.

Thanks,
    Ben

Re: DVLA requisition for unlicensed vehicle

If they ask why you didn't chase up the V5c ask them to point you to the portion of the regulations that requires you to do that. It is sufficient to have posted the notification and it is assumed to have been delivered 2 working days later.

Do you have the name and address of the trader?

Comment

Re: DVLA requisition for unlicensed vehicle

Hi Ostell, thanks for your reply, she has a name & address given by the trader, but I have to say when looking on google maps, the postcode and actual address are for 2 slightly different areas in Leeds, I think I'll include it nonetheless in my letter back to them.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X