• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Dvla license problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dvla license problems

Hi hope someone can help with some good advice please. I passed my test in 2005 , not long after passing i was sent to prison. While i was away my two time constraint to apply for my full license passed. A family member did actually try to claim my license for me but was told that they couldnt but for me to do it when i was released and due to the circumstances "there shouldnt be a problem". After i was released from prison i applied for my license and sent the £20 application fee with a letter explaining my situation , my test pass certificates and relevant info directly to the manager of the dvla. He wrote back saying that because i had disqualification for dui in 2002 that i would have to pay the higher application fee of £90 , so i did. He then wrote to me and said because id had the disqualification id have to have a medical and pay a further £98.50 , so i did , passed medical with flying colours and no health isssues . I then rang dvla repeatedly for 6 wks while a decision was getting made by dvla medical team , to be told that because i missed my two year windw time constraint i would have to resit my test , theory and hazard and perception test , is there anyone with any helpful advice or any experiences themselves , thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Dvla license problems

The DVLA has a reputation not only for incompetence, but dishonesty as well.

It is difficult to see what the rationale was for requiring you to undergo a medical. Have you asked for their reasoning? Similarly, do you have the actual result of the Medical Board's deliberations?

Is there any refund policy on unsuccessful applications? It might also be argued that if they knew at the outset that you would be rejected, you were misled into further and unnecessary expense.

If you want to pursue this (frankly, resitting the test might be a simpler option), obtain copies of all the documents above, and then set out the sequence of events in a formal complaint. Don't ring or email - keep everything in writing.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X