• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

DVLA - Collectica debt letter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVLA - Collectica debt letter

Hi guys ive just received a collectica letter demanding £80..... which im not paying as the DVLA do NOT have the right to demand i write to them to prove i am innocent and did in fact send their silly SORN form off to them.

They have lost 8 court case recently where it was deemed that they DO NOT have the statutory or legal right to demand we prove we posted a SORN to them, it is upon them to prove we did not send it.

My question is whats the best email address to email my dispute letter to the DVLA.... im not hand writing to them, just wondering if there is a SORN email or if i just send it to the DVLA marked F.A.O SORN ???

any help would be great.
    Tags: None

Re: DVLA - collecetica debt letter

Hi Sarnie,

Are Collectica acting on behalf of DVLA or H.M. Courts & Tribunals Service (HMCTS)?
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

on behalf of DVLA.

i rang DVLA today and recorded all 5 calls to different dept's they all sated they are not legally trained and that the dept that deals with disputes doesnt take calls and i would have to write to them OR collectica. i told the DVLA they do not have the legal or statuary right to demand i write to them, i had posted the form and that is where my legal obligation ends,,,,, fell on deaf ears........... i then rang collectica again recording the call and told them i would not deal with them and request they send back my account to the DVLA, and that they must, to comply with OFT guidelines, i read the regulation to him and he replied, the debt will stay with us and will not send it back unless the DVLA ask us to, i then told him any further contact from them will be deemed harassment and i will charge them £65 per letter or £80 to deal with them again via phone....... so now to email the DVLA and let them have my fee schedule and tell them to go get stuffed lol.,,, or even better take me to court!

On a side note, im trying to get some legal advise or direction from somebody more knowledgable about taking the DVLA to court for continuing to use the letter argument that they have lost in court 8 times, how can that be right that they loose in court get told by a judge they have no right to claim we have to prove we sent a letter and yet they just carry on regardless........... id like to stop them for ALL of US. any help on that??

Comment

Any answer to Bluebottles question?

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
          Any answer to Bluebottles question?
          He did, first line

Comment

Missed it time for OP to defend this no quote statutes unless they are positive about it

Comment

If DVLA has been told by the courts on at least eight occasions that it has no right in law to demand or levy these civil penalties, they, or more accurately, the Secretary of State for Transport needs to have the courts deliver a decision that will act as an effective deterrent against repetition.

The OP is correct in that DVLA and Collectica's conduct, in all probability, amounts to a course of conduct amounting to harassment. Whether a Prohibitory Injunction under Section 3, Protection from Harassment Act 1997 would be effective is something that needs to be investigated with a legal professional. As far as I am aware, there is no exemption for government departments and executive agencies under the Act and I can find no mention of Crown Immunity within the Act.
              Last edited by bluebottle; 5th November 2013, 18:51:PM.
              Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Re: DVLA - Collectica debt letter

bluebottle, your seeing this from where i am................ id like to stop the buggers from continuing to abuse statutes they dont have the right to use and wasting ours and the courts time.
                Any ideas how we could go about this?

Im sending an email to Collectica in a mo telling them they are 3rd party interveneers messing in my personal affairs and probably guilty of demanding monies under false representation, extorting monie with menaces as they and more importantly their client does not have the legal or statury right to demand anything from as i have satisfied my legal obligations under the LAW. retunr the account to the DVLA.
                OH
                And my fee schedule, which i will be claiming.

Comment

Sarnie, what happened with this? The same thing is happening to me.

Comment

Originally posted by sarnie2109 View Post
                    bluebottle, your seeing this from where i am................ id like to stop the buggers from continuing to abuse statutes they dont have the right to use and wasting ours and the courts time.
                    Any ideas how we could go about this?

Im sending an email to Collectica in a mo telling them they are 3rd party interveneers messing in my personal affairs and probably guilty of demanding monies under false representation, extorting monie with menaces as they and more importantly their client does not have the legal or statury right to demand anything from as i have satisfied my legal obligations under the LAW. retunr the account to the DVLA.
                    OH
                    And my fee schedule, which i will be claiming.
                    Bit of thread necromancy, but pertinent.

Until a case like this goes to Crown Court, the DVLA are perfectly entitled to keep taking their chances in the Magistrates Court, win or lose.

It only becomes a problem for them if it goes to Crown Court, as any decisions made by Crown Court can then be used as 'precedent', i.e. can be referred to in other cases and used as mitigating circumstances and defence.

So if the DVLA have something goto Crown Court and they lose, they lose FOREVER, hence why if there was any remote danger of a case going to Crown court, they'll quietly drop it.

Comment

Hi sarnie,
                      Try this link, it gives lists of various topics in which you can email to the DVLA.
                      There is a complaint about service link.
                      https://emaildvla.direct.gov.uk/emai...email/dvla/en/
                      “The only man who sticks closer to you in adversity more than a friend, is a creditor.”

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X