• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Do the DVLA offer up to date licence revocation letters?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do the DVLA offer up to date licence revocation letters?

Hello everyone.
    I recently joined this group and hope you are able to help.
    I have my driving licence revoked on medical grounds (mental health) which I am fine with.
    I Have a concessionary bus pass.
    I have been told that I need to send up to date documents to renew my concessionary bus pass.
    I contacted the DVLA and was told that they do not send up to date revocation letters.
    As this is my only evidence to obtain my bus pass I am a little confused and at a standstill still. I am also doubting if I have been given correct information from the DVLA advisor.
    Is anyone able to offer any advise or guidance please ?
    Thankyou in advance I appreciate it.
    Tags: None

According to my council the grounds for issuing a concessionary bus pass for disability include:

"Whilst there are many types of disabilities, the DfT recognise the below 7 categories that residents can apply for a disabled free bus pass. The disability must be permanent or likely to last at least 12 months.

You only need to provide one of following documents to prove your eligible disability. Please note that all information provided should be as recent as possible and we may ask for more details if required.
    1. "(g) would if they applied for the grant of a licence to drive a motor vehicle under Part III of the Road Traffic Act 1988, have their application refused pursuant to section 92 of the Act (physical fitness) otherwise than on the ground of persistent misuse of drugs or alcohol" (i.e. epilepsy; severe mental disorder; other disabilities which are likely to cause the driving of vehicles by them to be a source of danger to the public).
      • Either a recent letter from the DVLA, stating you have had your driving licence refused/revoked on medical grounds, or
      • Confirmation that you do not hold a driving licence and a recent letter from your hospital consultant or doctor stating why you would be refused a driving licence on medical grounds and how long they anticipate this to be the case

Is the category that entitles you to the bus pass? If so then the last sentence that I have put in bold seems to give you an alternative to a DVLA letter.
    All opinions expressed are based on my personal experience. I am not a lawyer and do not hold any legal qualifications.

Comment

In addition, there may be something in the GOV.UK driving licence portal that you could use or screengrab.

https://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X