• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Data breach/late Licensing fine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Data breach/late Licensing fine

DVLA committed data breach and sent V5 with new address to the wrong address. Didn't receive tax reminder. Car tax delayed. Applied for new V5 thinking I'd gone mad as was sure I'd already applied for one. V5 goes to correct address. Taxed car. Now they fined me £80 for late Licensing Penalty saying I was the registered keeper but this was when they'd sent it to the wrong address. Anyway out of this?

​​​​

​​​​​

​​​​
    Tags: None

Anyway out of this?
    Not really. The DVLA has no obligation to send you a reminder and not receiving one is not a defence against failing to pay VED. The duty rests with you to remember when it is due (Hint if you have difficulty: Get a piece of paper and a pencil and write on the paper the date the tax, insurance and MoT are due. Stick the piece of paper inside the car somewhere you will see it).

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X