• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cloned number plate.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cloned number plate.

One of my lodgers has had his number plates Cloned . So far there have been three requests for the drivers name for speeding. Two for not paying the dartFord tunnel fee and one for using a mobile phone whilst driving.
    He is as you can imagine deeply worried. So far he has returned the forms sent with a covering letter explaining that the car was parked at the time at my house in Cambridge . He has obtained a statement from his employer that the essential at work fifty miles from where the alleged offences occurred.
    I can voucher for the car being parked at the house at the relevant time and I expect that the neighbours can as well. If it it is any use he has a black box in his car fitted by the insurers. This will show the times the car was started and stopped . I think it may also show the lAston known location. Would a print out of the information sent to each of the relevant authorities help?
    Apart from waiting for the next letter to arrive is there anything else he can do?

Has he told the DVLA and the police what the suspects?

Comment

Thank you Ostell, he has reported it to the police service in essex but not to DVLC yet . I will advise him of that course of action . The difficulty is compounded by the fact the photo of the cloned vehicle is the same make and year and a similar model. The cloned version is a four door saloon, his is a two door coupe with sunroof.

Comment

Has he requested a photo of the offending vehicle?
        It could be that it will show distinguishing marks between the vehicles eg stickers.
        This happened to a friend, and he was able to show that the offending car had no trailer hitch, whilst his did.

Oops crossed with post 3

Comment

Originally posted by seduraed View Post
          The difficulty is compounded by the fact the photo of the cloned vehicle is the same make and year and a similar model.
          That is the whole point in cloning the car, it has to be similar to be effective, if it was totally different there is a chance of the Police or VOSA picking it up on the road. Not that that helps your lodger
          Sorry i'm just thinking out loud, it might be irrelevant, I am not employed in anyway in the legal profession, please ensure you research any advice I give before using it I have been known to be wrong on multiple occasions.

Comment

Thr police have writtrnback to say that tey are no longer pursuin hi for the offences in view of information that has come to light. So i hope that this sorry case is finished.

Comment

I when to fill up will petrol at the petrol station where I have been going for years.I couldn't fill up and was called in to the foyer. They told me that someone had filled up with petrol (£75)* and drove of and it was my reg number. I was gob smacked to say the least. I am in the process of informing the police and DVLA * which isn't straight forward they should have a dedicated line r team to deal with this situation.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X