• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Drug driving 3rd offence

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drug driving 3rd offence

Drug driving second offence within a ten year period is mandatory 3 years ban, how long would the ban be if there was. 3rd offence in ten years please?
    Tags: None

Hi

Suggest you read the sentencing guidelines below.

https://www.sentencingcouncil.org.uk...ecified-limit/
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

You may be looking at a prison sentence (possibly suspended) but it depends on circumstances of course as well as a very hefty ban

Comment

You would think that after one ban, the lesson should be enough, (my thoughts only) but to do it twice is stupid, so take a look a the accidents on the road, and the repercussions, my friend but if you never learnt your lesson the first time, keep your head down, as the saying goes, do the crime, do the time.

Comment

I never said it was me that had been banned guys but thanks, i knew about the possibility of prison for 3rd offence was just woundering how long the ban would be. 5 years?

Comment

Is this your third offence or just a question

Comment

Its not me that has commited the offence, im concerned about a friend

Comment

Ive got the answer now. It is indeed 5 years for the 3rd offence thank you anyway guys

Comment

Where in the guidelines did that appear, out of interest?

Comment

Originally posted by islandgirl View Post
                    Where in the guidelines did that appear, out of interest?
                    It doesn't appear anywhere and nor, as far as I can see, does it appear in any legislation. As far as I can tell, the legislation simply mentions a "previous conviction within the last ten years" (for which the minimum ban is three years). Of course there is nothing to prevent the court imposing a longer ban than the minimum, which I suspect they will in the event of a third conviction.

Comment

I agree. I could not see 5 years anywhere which is why I asked. It would certainly be longer than 3....

Comment

Island girl i have found somebody that had been charged with the 3rd offence in 10 years and they got 5 year ban. Also on the sentenceing guideline category 1 says 36-60 month ban

Comment

Thank you but 60 is the guideline for 2nd offence. 3rd can go beyond this of course. There is no 5 years set in stone (sorry). Every scenario is different and will be judged differently by the magistrates on the day given all the circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary1992 View Post
                            Island girl i have found somebody that had been charged with the 3rd offence in 10 years and they got 5 year ban. Also on the sentenceing guideline category 1 says 36-60 month ban
                            Very likely. And if you looked hard enough you may have found somebody else who received a three year ban for a third offence because that is the legal minimum. You will also note that the guideline which suggest a 36-60 month ban refers to a second offence in 10 years, not a third.

Your original question gave the impression you were asking about minimum mandatory disqualifications, not Magistrates' guidelines:

"Drug driving second offence within a ten year period is mandatory 3 years ban, how long would the ban be if there was. 3rd offence in ten years please?"

So the correct answer to your question is that the minimum ban for a third offence is also three years. But there is nothing preventing Magistrates from imposing a longer ban - and as you have discovered, the likelihood is that they will.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X