• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Drink driving ban

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drink driving ban

My sister in laws ex partner was in court 2 days ago and convicted of drink driving, (he pled guilty), and was given a 22 month ban plus a fine. He insists that the judge gave a conditional reduction, the condition being he completes a ttc course, and on completion of that course he will receive a reduction in the ban PLUS the standard 25% reduction that applies after completing the course. Is this possible as we don’t believe it. It seems strange that he would be offered a double reduction totaling over 60%?
    Tags: None

islandgirl may be able to advise.

When you say "the judge" do you mean the magistrates in a magistrates court?
    All opinions expressed are based on my personal experience. I am not a lawyer and do not hold any legal qualifications.

Comment

Sorry, yes I mean the magistrates

Comment

These are the rules
        https://www.gov.uk/drink-drive-course
        The ban is reduced by a very specific amount - you do not get a double dip! The date by which the course must be completed plus the amount of reduction will have been specifically given when the sentence was announced. If there is any confusion contact the court as it seems this person has the wrong end of the stick so to speak

Comment

As above the date by which the course needs to be completed and the EXACT LENGTH of the reduction will have been announced in court

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X