• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Drug Drive Charge, legal status, process etc

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drug Drive Charge, legal status, process etc

Firstly, apolgies for such a long post..

I was stopped 8pm 3/6/23 in a lay-by to write something down, had been there 2 or 3 minutes. A marked car drove up and then stopped behind me. I waited a minute or two in case they wanted to talk, but inferred they were wanting me to move on which i did.
    They tailed for over 5 miles, then blue lighted me where i pulled over immediately and got ID out to show them. They said i was in the lay-by to buy drugs and forecably repeated this over and over aggressively. I was calm, polite and compliant throughout, They searched me and the car which was all clear. I cannot remember the reasoning but asked me to do an alcohol test which was 0, then take a saliva swab which they said came back positive. I was then arrested and hand-cuffed very tightly behind my back, the young proactive officer being unpleasant and aggressive througout.
    At the station blood samples were taken (saying i was in a capaciticve state to allow this), not given an explanation of what or how they would be searching for or the implications. After a sit in the cell, told i was fine to be released and drive home.
    6 months later, 4/12/23 i had to sign for a letter, which i did. I didn't open this or other mail until a few days after and a letter with a court summons post marked 29/11/23, an SFR1 report dated 10/11/23, stating positive toxicolgy report and 14 days to dispute the report and the reasons why for a trial a few days later 14/12/23.
    At court i showed up on time and asked to see the duty solicitor as i had no time to prepare for the endless complexities possible or get appropriate advice. The duty solocitor spent 5 minutes with me, asking for the reasosns surrounding the case and any reasons i was going to give for not pleading guilty. I told her i wasn't sure why the readings came back as they were, could be trusted or accurate, (the important parts in a biillion metabolites that make all the difference) also mentioned that there were so many widespread problems with testing and the companies in recent years, including Eurofins who did the toxiclogy report admitting to being hacked in 2019 and all the data and systems insecure and leaked and did a private deal with the criminal hackers to regain IT control.
    She then told me she was unable to to give me "any legal advice" , representation, information, assist me in court court or any other help. She then immediately walked in to the court room, a few minutes later walked out and I was called.
    I am not sure where to go with this. There are various other mitigating circumstances including drugs i have been prescribed and are availalble, including the 2 highest know to contribute to false positives in screen for other chemicals. I also have various medical conditions including blood abnormalities.
    Thanks for any input.
    Tags: None

What happened at the hearing? DId it fix a date for a trial?
    Edit: thank you Pallasathena - we must have been posting at the same time! We are both awaiting the information re what happened at the initial hearing....

Comment

What was the outcome of the court hearing on 14th December? Can you confirm you pleaded 'Not Guilty'

Tagging islandgirl who may be able to help.

EDIT Islandgirl beat me to it!
      All opinions expressed are based on my personal experience. I am not a lawyer and do not hold any legal qualifications.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X