• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

NIP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NIP

I received a NIP on 6th Sep 2016 from Avon and Somerset SEU for doing 53 mph in a 40 mph variable speed limit area on the M5. I was unsure that I was on that part of the M5 at that time because the M5 had been closed at that time.

I asked for the photo evidence to be sent to me as I firstly wanted to make sure it was my car and also to determine who was driving so I sent a letter to them on the 7th September and heard nothing for a few weeks.

I then received a letter from them saying I did not respond to the first letter they sent despite me sending it first class and my senders address on the envelope. (It has never been returned by royal mail as undelivered)

I immediately replied by letter to them again stating I had sent a written reply to the first letter and sent a copy of the receipt I received from the post office and I sent this one by registered post. Although the signature was illegible the post man did get the persons last name. I asked them again for a copy of the photo evidence they have of the alleged offence so I could determine it was my car and to see if I could ascertain who was driving.

They sent back a letter stating that as I am disputing the offence they cannot provide photos of the offending vehicle. Why ??

They are asking me to send photos of my car that cover the front rear and sides of the vehicle ensuring that number plates are clearly visible. So they wont send me the evidence they have but expect me to send photos to them, is this right or is this some sort of scam ??

Regards,

Rob.
    Tags: None

Re: NIP

They do not supply the evidence until and if it reaches court.
    If they sent you their photographs, what would prevent you modifying the appearance of your car so it did not match?

If you are in doubt, send them the pics as requested

Comment

Thank you for the reply.

If they have photo evidence then they should send a copy to me that would be cut and dry or they simply just have a record of the speed and no photo evidence.

On that same trip I went over the dartford crossing and didn't realize I had to pay online and they duly sent me a notice with photo evidence that I had used the crossing. After seeing the photo evidence from that I immediately went online and paid for the crossing.

Regards,

Robert.

Comment

There is no obligation for them to supply the Photographic evidence, although many forces do.
        Ask them if you can view the photographs of line? They might agree to that.

Comment

Excellent I never thought of that.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Rob.
          Last edited by Roberthdd; 22nd November 2016, 11:31:AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X