• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Excel parking taking me to court

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excel parking taking me to court

Hello I am new to this so here is my situation, last May I received a letter fro excel parking, saying that I have to pay a fine for parking to long the usual 1/2 payment if received in so many days but I wasn't driving the vehicle, but i am the registered keeper so I phoned them up told them I wasn't driving that day, they said I must provide details of the driver, I said no I haven't got to do anything I wasn't there, so months went bye I just ignored letters, then I got letter from bw legal trying to collect the money I told them I wasn't driving they said I was liable because I'm the registered keeper so I just ignored there letters four weeks ago I get a letter from Northampton court saying that excel are starting court proceedings, so I filed a little defence saying I was not the driver and the 230 pound they want is rediculous they sent that back to excel, this week I receive a letter saying they still want to proceed, they Sent a letter from the courts now saying can I resolve this in mitigation or do I think court is the way forward any advice please
    Tags: None

Re: Excel parking taking me to court

Unfortunately Excel can hold the registered keeper liable for the sins of the driver under POFA 2012. However they have to follow the requirements exactly. In your case, without a windscreen ticket, paragraph 9 is applicable.

Have you kept any of the paperwork that you were sent, especially the original; letter you received, the Notice to Keeper.

Comment

I've not kept any paper work just ignored them I did tell them I wasn't the driver and I have requested all of the paperwork in regards to the court case of them

Comment

Can you post up the claim and defence, suitably sanitised ?

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X