• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advice needed, PCN, TEC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice needed, PCN, TEC

I received a Parking ticket from local authority, as I did not respond They registered with the TEC as part of county court business centre, who authorised them to issue a warrant of control. I then failed to respond to bailiffs enforcement notice, but contacted TEC and submitted a TE7 out of time application and a TE9 witness statement but the application was refused. They say that to have it heard by a hearing I must submit an N244 form and pay £255. The .gov website says no ccj or court registration anywhere. But TEC say the local council have registered with them.

I don't understand how a warrant can be issued without a court registration. IE where does the TEC derive it authority?

From what I understand the local authority issues the warrant, it only needs to register with the TEC. When I sent my out of time TE7 it was the local authority who judged it to be invalid and refused it. So what happens if the local authority is rong/corrupt?

They are offering me n244 at cost of £255, which is more than the money the bailiff wants from me. As the claimant surely the council should pay this fee and recoup from me if I lose?
    Eg if I you owed me money and I took you to court, I would have to pay the court fees until I won, and then the court may instruct you to pay them?

It says justice on the .gov website none of this seems just.

Do I hide and pray or submit and pay?

Yours faithfully

Ignorant man
    Tags: None

Re: Advice needed, PCN, TEC

The TEC does have authority and it is a court which can issue a warrant for bailiffs and I believe was set up for certain issues like parking fines. When you fail to pay they can apply to the TEC and have it authorised as if it was a county court.

Why did yor Witness statement get refused? Was it more than 36 days since the order for recovery which might sound like it if they have got a warrant for bailiffs

Im in the same boat but one stage before you, waiting for the Order for Recovery which comes with a Witness Statement form and you submit on one of the grounds and it is cancelled. So I can only think you applied out of time?

Perhaps worth paying if it's less than the court fees

Edit: forget my out of time points didn't see that in your post.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

thanks for your response. I hadn't received anything from the local authority or the bailiffs. I was unaware of the parking penalty until I called the council regarding another penalty notice which I paid. I protested that the I hadn't received any documents and also that it was issued unfairly and was told that there was nothing the local authority could do, I needed to contact t the TEC. Which I did and my application for out if time was refused. I've since found out that the the out of time application is refused by the local authority. I was curious about the TEC so I phoned local county court and they said that there was no account in my band in any court anywhere. I checked on the .gov website and they said that there is no court registration anywhere under my name. The TEC says that there is?
      I think that the TEC is a bulk processing centre set up streamline the process of councils getting warrants, but I'm curious whether that is lawful ie... What is the legislation that gives the authority?

Comment

The attached word document may be of use - their authority is derived from he County Court Rules 1981 now CPR 75
        Attached Files
        If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
        Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X