• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Anybody any experience? RCI Voluntary Termination of PCP (Selections)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anybody any experience? RCI Voluntary Termination of PCP (Selections)

[MENTION=71570]R0b[/MENTION] Hi again. Next upodate, RCI were very quick in emailing me to confirm that they had terminated the agreement. Next up I am dealing with Manheim vehicle collections - not a very professional outfit upon first impressions.

Anyway, they are requiring me to take a full day off work to sit and wait for them to pick up the car between the hours of 8am-6pm with no estimated time window.

They have said that anyone over the age of 18 is able to be present for the inspection and can hand over the keys when they collect it 30 minutes later. The only people I can think off are my parents who aren't as clued into the whole process. Do you have any wise words for me to pass on to them on the day of reckoning?

Also, does my car need to be valeted? Or just cleaned to the usual standard, hand car wash style?

Thanks as always!

Comment

No need t valet, Manheim will no doubt do that prior to auction. A siple clean on the outside and hoover on the inside will suffice.

I would strongly tell your parents not to sign any documentation regardless of what Manheim says. They may tell your parents that they cannot take the car away without signing the paperwork, or the PDA if they have one of those instead. If they do sign it, then it will cause problems I'm sure further down the line.

If the Manheim agent insists on a signature, then you could knock up a simple one page document to with the details of Manheim and the name of the agent, with the vehicle details and a simple statement that says, it is acknowledged that Manheim have collected this vehicle on [DATE] and ge tthe agent to sign two copies, one for them and one for you.

Otherwise if they still refuse then your parents should just walk away and don't hand the car keys over.
      If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      LEGAL DISCLAIMER
      Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

@R0b

The day of reckoning is upon us(tomorrow). I have typed out this document, what do you think?

Wednesday 22nd June 2016

Manheim Vehicle Collections
        Head Office
        Leeds Road
        Rothwell
        West Yorkshire
        LS26 OJE

Dear Sir/Madam,
        It is acknowledged that Manheim Vehicle Collections have conducted a vehicle inspection and collected the following vehicle from me (XXXX XXXXXX) today:
        Renault Clio Sport Tourer Expression+ 1.5 DCi

Mr XXXX XXXXX

Manheim Vehicle Collections Representative Print:________________ Signed : ________________ Date:___________

Thanks again Rob.... nearly there!

Comment

Fine by me, the main purpose is to ensure you have a name and signature.

Don't forget to take photos of you haven't done so already
          If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
          - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
          LEGAL DISCLAIMER
          Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Will do so bright and early tomorrow morning. I will also get photos alongside the Manheim chap so we have a picture of the same thing if there is any debate.

In my honest opinion there should maybe be one or two issues that would require touch up paint - cheap to do.

Will let you know how it goes. thanks again.

Comment

[MENTION=71570]R0b[/MENTION]

i have started the same process with RCI. The same paperwork above was sent to me via e-mail and I was told over the phone I needed to sign it and e-mail it back which I did because I thought it was part of the process. Now I realise they will charge me for collection etc. Is there no way out of the charges now I've signed it?

I really worried they will sting me for collection charges. But the guy on the phone made out I have to sign it or it won't be terminated.

Comment

Well now that you've signed it expect them to try and enforce it. You could argue that you were told the agreement would not be terminated which was in fact false and therefore deceitful.

Perhaps you can write to them by email and inform them that you were specifically told that the agreement would not be terminated unless you signed the paperwork. You have since been advised that is not the case as your liability is restricted to 50% therefore they cannot charge for collection and you will not be paying. You consider their actions to be deceitful and in breach of the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations.

Put it in writing so that it is on record.
                LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

Originally posted by R0b View Post
                  Well now that you've signed it expect them to try and enforce it. You could argue that you were told the agreement would not be terminated which was in fact false and therefore deceitful.

Perhaps you can write to them by email and inform them that you were specifically told that the agreement would not be terminated unless you signed the paperwork. You have since been advised that is not the case as your liability is restricted to 50% therefore they cannot charge for collection and you will not be paying. You consider their actions to be deceitful and in breach of the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations.

Put it in writing so that it is on record.
                  thanks for your help. I have sent an e-mail outlining the above. I will let you know what happens next. Really can't believe how underhand they can be with these things and have learnt a lesson about it that's for sure.

Comment

Hi and sorry for the delay in replying, been away. So I emailed them a scanned copy of my original letter that was signed and told them on the phone that I knew that I didn't have to sign anything and will not be doing so.

They sent an email to me the same day that the contract was terminated and cancelled the direct debit. No problem. I then arranged with Manheim an inspection and collection date, they sent a fella to my work who was actually really nice and was fair with his observations. I had some paintwork done before hand to reduce costs but there was some more that I hadn't noticed, on the whole though I had looked after the car. They charged me a fair price really for some small smart repairs, same as what I had paid to have it done by a small garage.

I have since paid the bill for them and all is well. I think from reading these forums people seem to be ripped off by some of the lenders like black horse and those giving finance on independent forecourts. Banks like Renault seem to be a bit more reasonable in my experience.

Best of luck, just make sure you keep copies if every email, letter and document in case. If you have done your homework and not made any careless errors and sound confident you seen to do alright. Unkess you've trashed your car that is!

Comment

Thanks for your help with this. I e-mailed saying I will not be paying collection fee and they replied saying the following:

Good Morning

I can confirm there is no collection fees involved in voluntary termination. You would just be liable for any shortfall if you have not reached the 50% mark, and any excess mileage or damage outside fair wear and tear.

Many Thanks.

The car is in very good condition and has FSH/MOT so hopefully will go smoothly. I will keep you posted.

Comment

Make sure to take plenty of photos both inside and out
                        LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X