• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Wandsworth Borough PCN Received for Parking on Single Yellow Line on Sunday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wandsworth Borough PCN Received for Parking on Single Yellow Line on Sunday

My Misses received a Parking Ticket (PCN) from Wandsworth Council on Sunday 12th July on Smugglers Way SW18 outside the Virgin Active Gym entrance (Location) :tinysmile_aha_t:

Assuming that a Yellow Line is ok to park on during a Sunday we were wrong.

Seems there is a sign (Not Eye Level) stating no Parking 7AM to 7PM. Allot of cars were parked there - so we thought yeah being a Sunday it will be ok.

Interestingly they have written the wrong Registration on the PCN - i.e. Ends with a "0" rather than a "D". I assume the cheeky traffic warden was making this ticket up as we parked from a far, when we walked away, sneaked up and put the PCN on the car not realising that the Number Plate he typed up on his PCN Printing Machine (basically the Borough Cash Machine).

They do have photographic Evidence as I logged into there system and saw these.

Should I appeal? Or Should I ignore. I am tempted to ignore this but have a funny feeling if they look at the Pictures, they will realise there mistake and this will catch up with her.

Please advise
    Last edited by Pos1tive; 28th July 2015, 13:37:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: Wandsworth Borough PCN Received for Parking on Single Yellow Line on Sunday

I'm confused. Is this a private parking charge (normally with Virgin it is) or a council ticket (Wandsworth council normally are ) ?

M1

Comment

Sorry [MENTION=5354]mystery1[/MENTION] - it is a Wandsworth Council PCN, I referred to Virgin Active as this is where it was parked outside of.

Comment

Originally posted by Pos1tive View Post
        Sorry @mystery1 - it is a Wandsworth Council PCN, I referred to Virgin Active as this is where it was parked outside of.
        Ok, hopefully someone who knows will be along soon.

M!

Comment

Anyone can help ???

Comment

I'm not familiar with Wandsworth but if this is within a controlled parking zone, you can assume that it operates for the same time as the zone unless separate time plates show different times. A Controlled Parking Zone (CPZ) is an area where parking is restricted by Traffic Regulation Orders (Traffic Management Orders in London), in accordance with signs placed on all vehicular entry points to the area (except in designated parking bays or where otherwise signed).

Re the height of the signs in general, any sign likely to be a hazard to pedestrians should be mounted at aminimum height of 2.1m to the underside. A minimum of 2.3m is required wherecyclists can cycle beneath them. For wall or bollard mounting, heights of between 0.5mand 1.5m are preferred. However, wheretheir placement might be a hazard for other users – typically when they are on thefootway – minimum clearance will be needed.

IMO assumption of free Sunday parking, and following the example of other motorists, whilst understandable, won't cut the mustard as an appeal.
            And a minor mistake on transcribing the registration number won'y be much help either!

If it was me ......... I'd pay discounted amount and avoid stress.

Peeps on Pepipoo might have other advice!

Comment

Thanks for the explanation [MENTION=39710]des8[/MENTION]. Now I'm over 14 Days so will be out of the discount period.

Although I think they will beat round the Bush to find the correct driver - i.e. My Misses, based on the error of the Number Plate on the PCN. I'm not sure quite what to do now.

1) Pay the Full amount £130 - I really don't want to naturally.
              2) Appeal that is was the wrong Number Plate noted on the PCN and the Signs for Controlled Parking Zone were not obvious?
              3) Do nothing, wait for them to actually look at the Pics taken on-line and they realise the wrong Number Plate was stated on the PCN, Then they will send her a Notice to Owner, then in her defence I can show them the ticket and explain I refused to acknowledge the PCN as it had the wrong Number Plated Stated?

Damn I hate Traffic Wardens :yell:

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Comment

Don't think an appeal on basis of lack signage will be of any use, as there are signs at either end of the Virgin building!
                Quite honestly do you think they will accept an appeal on basis that traffic warden (or whatever they are called today!) wrote "O" instead of "D", and that is why you ignored it?

Might as well wait for "Notice to keeper"......... it might never arrive. They tell me miracles do happen.

Comment

[MENTION=39710]des8[/MENTION] - I was thinking the same - Wait for a Notice to Owner which I hope never arrives.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X