• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Points added to licence

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Points added to licence

Hi Folks,

I moved house in December and amongst the things that needed the address changing was my driving licence, I duly sent this off and upon return have noticed that I have 4 pts and a fine of £400 added to the paperwork licence. I was having dialogue with the camera people about an SP30 offence, could this be the cause??. If so how do I find this information out and find a breakdown of what I have been charged for as £400 seems a lot of money for an SP30.

Any advice would be appreciated

WSF
    Tags: None

Re: Points added to licence

This must have gone to a Magistrates court Camera fines are fixed as are the points penalty only a magistrate gives more

Comment

How do I find this information out? DVLA a waste of time!

Comment

An SP30 is for exceeding the statutory speed limit on a public road.

How fast were you going and what was the speed limit?
        If you received a fixed penalty notice it would have been for £100 + 3 points (I think).
        If the speed was excessive you would not receive a fixed penalty notice but a summons.
        If this penalty relates to your speeding offence I would assume you were sent (not necessarily received) a summons and the case would have been heard in a magistrate's court.

Ask DVLA for more information
        Last edited by des8; 5th February 2015, 19:10:PM. Reason: crossed with wales!

Comment

It was 40mph in a 30 mph. I requested evidence and calibration certificate, they sent a photo of my van and a link for the calibration certificate. When I looked the calibration certificate expired in July 14. I sent them a letter stating this and informing them of my intended move in December and have heard no more.

Comment

You need to find out from the DVLA what the fine is for, and when and where it was imposed.
            You haven't paid it by chance? Have you received a demand for it?
            You need to find out, as if it was imposed by a magistrates court and you have not paid it because you were unaware of it for some reason. you will be in trouble!

Comment

In all the speeding cases reported in our local court there is always a fine costs points and a victims surcharge?

Comment

No I haven't paid the fine, will ring dvla again Monday to try to shed some light on the matter. Will give local courts a try also just to see if anything has been registered

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X