• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Fail to comply with no entry-sign- manned equipment and failed to identify the driver

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fail to comply with no entry-sign- manned equipment and failed to identify the driver

Hello, this goes to court tomorrow, I know it is a bit late, but hubby has left it, and been laid back about it.

He is the branch manager and has a company car, which is also a pool car, and his employees use it to do delivery drops etc.. around the city.

Anyhow he got a failed to comply with no entry-sign letter and ticked that he didn't know who the driver was, i.e. he wasn't able to identify the driver - He ticked this as he genuinely didn't know who it was, and he is 100% sure it wasn't him. He asked his employees, but no one could remember / or no one would own up to it, either way my hubby is not happy to accept this charge.

It goes to court tomorrow, and now being charged for both the no entry-sign and also for not identifying the driver - he is going to attend by himself and plead not-guilty, but I am concerned what will happen.

Any advice please? It would be massively appreciated.

Thank you.
    Tags: None

Re: Fail to comply with no entry-sign- manned equipment and failed to identify the dr

Speak to the Duty Solicitor at the Court in our area very large fines and costs have been handed out for these offences get as much help as possible before entering the Court.

Comment

Re: Fail to comply with no entry-sign- manned equipment and failed to identify the dr

Certainly agree he is well advised to seek help of duty solicitor who may manage to get a postponement so he can get a defence organised.
      For the failing to comply with a traffic sign the penalty is £100 +3 points
      For failing to identify the driver the penalty is a fine upto £1000 +6 points

To avoid the latter he will have to show he took ALL possible steps to identify the driver, which will have included requesting copies of the photographic evidence to see if driver was identifiable.

Comment

The police sent the photo of the car as it drove through the no-entry sign along with the charge - you cannot see the driver etc..

Comment

I wish him well, but it is a bit late for giving advice.
          I am surprised tho' that his firm don't keep a record of who has access to the vehicle and when.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X