• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Insurance claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance claim

Good morning, i hope some one can give me some advice , In august this year i had a slight bump in my wife's car, As i am insured to driver any vehicle this wasn't a problem , I have third party only when i drive this vehicle. Anyway not much damaged was cause , a scuff to the other party's Alloy wheel, we swap numbers and i waited to here from his insurance company. I heard nothing until last week nearly four months later , when i was contacted by his insurance company, As i had renewed my insurance with another company since the bump i call my old insurance company and they said it was nothing to do with them. Is this right ?????

Rob
    Tags: None

Re: Insurance claim

No, it is everything to do with them. They were covering the risk at the time. My be a problem if you didn't tell your insurance company at the time of the incident.

Comment

The company involved will be the company insuring the vehicle at the time of the incident.
      The company may be playing difficult if you did not advise them of the incident at the time.
      From memory (will have to check later as I'm about to go out) according to the Road Traffic Act the insurer will have to pay if third party sues you and you fail to pay.
      They have no choice
      Last edited by des8; 17th December 2014, 10:14:AM. Reason: crossed with Ostell

Comment

Section 148 of the Road Traffic Act 1988 lists the defences motor insurers cannot use to avoid third party claims.
        One of these is when the policy holder fails to notify the insurer of an incident in accordance with policy conditions. The insurer is then classed as a road traffic act insurer.
        If your insurance company continue to refuse to deal with the situation, advise the third parties insurers of the problem and instruct them to deal directly with your ex insurers.

Comment

No, its your old insurance company have to deal with it. As when incident happened you were covered by that insurance company.

Comment

Yes It's your old insurance company that has to deal with it. As The accident happens when you are insured by your old insurance company.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X