• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Carpark incident.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carpark incident.

Right okay...so im here for advice again as this site was so good to me last time.

So story goes i was parked on tesco. and when i came out the car in front of me was awfully parked so i thought to check mine (id only had it delivered 5 days before so still precious) and sure enough its been hit. there are 3-4 marks on mine one of which tallied up perfect with a mark on the car in front. i waited for 50 minutes for the lady (an old lady) and approached her calmy to see if she noticed she had done it. At this point she went on off and a huge defensive panic telling me over how she couldnt have and how she checked her parking ect. she refused to swap details and at this request rang her daughter who came within minutes to back up her story telling me how she had seen her mum park and knew she hadnt touch mine.
    She went on to tell me how the marks couldnt be made by her mums car and that i was probably just after a new bumper or something. (5 days old car remember) The daughter at this point told me she was a cop and dealt with RTA's all the time. and rang 999 to report me of accusing her mother of the incident (amusing in itself right?) they laughed her off the phone so she said no hes being aggressive and things. Honestly never been calmer in my life, i had her reg just would have prefered her details too. A passing officer attended, very irrate at his time being wasted and shouted at us both ( he was very rude but i suppose id have been angry too) he asked us to swap details and to stop wasting his time.

soooo.... im going to speak to my insurance monday morning, but are they going to do anything given
    1 its my word against hers.
    2 her daughter is offering herself as a witness
    3 i didnt actually see it or have a witness despite it being obvious to anybody who saws the marks as the cars were parked.

Long post so i apologise if its not of relevance, but the cars 5 days old when it happened so im annoyed.
    Thankyou to anybody who takes time to read or reply.
    I appreciate the eforrt people put into this site
    Craig
    Tags: None

Re: Carpark incident.

I assume that being a new car you have comprehensive insurance.
    Is the damage severe enough to make it worth while making a claim? Remember the excess and possible effect on your no claim bonus depending on your circumstances.

I suspect you already know the answer
    You appear to have little PROOF that the old girl hit your vehicle, and she has a witness who says she watched the parking manoeuvre carried out without incident.
    Also if she had caused the damage and was aware of it would she have parked next to you if she intended to deny it? Wouldn't she have been expected to move and park elsewhere?
    Your insurers will possibly make enquiries off the third party, but I doubt they will pursue it with any vigour as frankly there is little likelihood of them recovering their payout or your excess.

Comment

Re: Carpark incident.

Pretty much what i was thinking, The witness wasnt there at all, about the moving away....she doesnt have a clue shes done it. Despite my frustration and dissapointment about the incident i did raise a smile as she was angrily defending her case when i mentioned what may have happened only to watch her trolly roll and bump into her door. Amusing for a second and pretty much summed things up, she didnt notice it happen and she didnt care about her own property let alone somebody elses.
      Yes i have comprehensive, and i know what you mean about severe enough but its five days old and cost a lot of money,
      Guess unless the camera comes up trumps iv no chance.
      thanks for the reply Des

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X