• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PPS - Parked in wrong area

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPS - Parked in wrong area

Just looking for some advice.

I parked in a PPS car park, paid for my allocated time and received a ticket for parking in an unmarked bay.

The car park is grass and I parked next to a car which apparently wasn't a marked bay?

Do I have a case for appealing as I paid the ticket price in good faith?

Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: PPS - Parked in wrong area

Yes appeal.

Dear Sirs,

I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals procedure. The driver parked amongst other cars and there were no bay markings. In any event your charges are penal and no t a genuine pre estimate of loss.

I am under no statutory obligation to name the driver and will not do so.

Should you reject my appeal please supply a popla code.

Yours etc

Then when rejected go via popla, edit http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...-Appeal-Letter to suit.

M1

Comment

Thanks a lot M1

Most appreciated.

Comment

I had this issue a year or so ago, same thing, paid for a ticket, parked in the field next to all the other cars (I was actually guided there by a parking attendant, as were the cars after me).

A couple of months later I received a parking fine for parking in an unmarked bay to the value of £80, or if I paid within 14 days it would be reduced to £40. I simply sent them a letter explaining I was guided there, parked next to all the other cars in the field, as did the cars behind me and that I wouldn't be sending them any money. Furthermore, I asked them to show me photographic evidence of my car parked improperly, photographs of the signs saying no parking and contact name and details of their parking attendant.

They replied saying that the ticket was sent in error, this was an event and parking in the fields surrounding the event was the correct thing to do. Apparently, their parking attendants were new and seemed to have forgotten the amended rules during the event.

It did make me wonder how many just actually paid. There were thousands of cars parked in those fields that day.

Comment

Nice little earner for the scrammers there fonzy169

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X