• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking charge notice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking charge notice

Dear All,
    I had parked my car in front ( on the road) outside a block of flats and then came back in 3-4 minutes later to find the parking charge notice on my windscreen. But then I chose to ignore it because I hadn't noticed any sign saying only legal permit holders. I kept getting letters for the payment and final today I get this letter (see attached).
    Do you think I have to ignore this or appeal?
    Kindly advice
    Rags
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: Parking charge notice

Was this a Private road or Public Highway?

Comment

its a public highway

Comment

There is no scope to appeal for the person who is being chased as the time limit, although not statutory, has expired. If the person being chased is not the driver then the driver details should be provided so they can appeal and, if needed, go to popla.

The other 2 choices are pay or ignore.

If you ignore and it goes to court, UKPC are not particularly litigious btw, then the right of the ppc, penalties etc should be challenged.

M1

Comment

Do you know what are the chances of this going to court

Comment

Slim but never say never.

I guess it depends on how the Parking Eye v Beavis case in the court of appeal in February goes. A win for PE will no doubt see the other bottom feeders bring old claims out en mass but a win for Beavis means they'll be dead and buried.

M1

Comment

Many thanks

Comment

M1 if its on a Public road is it not a Council notice.Or do Councils use private contractors?

Comment

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co...anned-for.html

M1

Comment

Dear All,
                    Continuing from our last discussion, I received this letter from debt collectors. Do you reckon I can ignore this.

Many thanks for your help
                    Attached Files

Comment

Yes, all that has happened is DRP are off the case and UKPC have passed the matter to another DCA in hopes they will be more successful in frightening you into paying

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X