• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Eye Aldi, and Mobility Scooters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Eye Aldi, and Mobility Scooters

I have been asked by a worried neighbour who has an 8mph larger scooter,, one that needs a tax disc and a Q plate. She goes to the local Aldi several times a day, and they have just brought PE into the Car Park with a 1 1/2 hour limit. She is worried that if she is in and out that PE will send her a fine for her scooter as they will consider her parked as she is in and out a few times over the day. I phoned PE who said checks and balances are in place and they would check with DVLA as to vehicle type, so she would be OK, but I suspect if there is an index number and even though it is obviously a scooter on the ANPR they will try it on with an invoice..

Thoughts Beagles?
    Tags: None

Re: Parking Eye Aldi, and Mobility Scooters

In spite of PE's verbal assurances I would anticipate their invoices arriving on the mat. After all, as she uses a mobility scooter they will automatically assume she is vulnerable and therefore an easy target.
    I would suggest 1) discuss the matter in advance with manager of said Aldi store, and even perhaps write to their "customer care" department and possibly have the number listed on some sort of exemption/staff list.
    2) retain all receipts so she can show multiple visits on one day

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
      In spite of PE's verbal assurances I would anticipate their invoices arriving on the mat. After all, as she uses a mobility scooter they will automatically assume she is vulnerable and therefore an easy target.
      I would suggest 1) discuss the matter in advance with manager of said Aldi store, and even perhaps write to their "customer care" department and possibly have the number listed on some sort of exemption/staff list.
      2) retain all receipts so she can show multiple visits on one day
      Thanks will do, I asked the manager about the PE infestation and to be fair he did mention vulnerable customers with Motability car and blue badges registering the number to ensure PE give them the 3 hours they should be entitled to on their clock.

PE are a disease that needs to be eradicated.

Comment

The answer is to avoid shopping at Aldi so long as they use this parking company.
        I gave up using motorway service area shops and restaurants when I noted these cowboys at work.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X