• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Eye PCN what is the new advice now please??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Eye PCN what is the new advice now please??

HI

I have received a PCN from parking in Morrisons Reigate , I went in, according to the camera , at 10.30 and left at 13.16 , this is true , but i spent the best part of 35 minutes finding a space as this place is manic, I think I even popped out of the carpark to have a look at the long term car park and came back again, once i got a space, I popped in Morrisons got a small shop , then went to a carers employment workshop with a local charity. the meeting over run but as I thought I had not parked and was still in the limit , i was ok.

But no , this has now come through the door. £85 !!! The charity have written a letter confirming it was running 1/2 late , and I was going to appeal it and send it off. But reading through the searches its confusing do I ignore it? or not ? do I tell them I was the driver? frankly, they can issue a court ccj if they want , they will only get a token or nil offer, god knows , that can be shown! but I am livid , I have no money to pay this! I didnt even know there were camera there and as far I can read there is "parking" limit, seems I being charged for looking all around the town to a space!! I have read on post, Morrisons do not have planning permission for cameras?

what is my next move please? the 14 day expires on the 5 july , many thanks.
    Tags: None

Re: Parking Eye PCN what is the new advice now please??

Did the Car stay in the Car park while you were in the Meeting and was the Meeting in Morrisons?
    If that's the case they may use the fact that its admitted in writing you were not in morrisons for some of the time That's how Devious they are.

plenty of help on here how to deal with this

Comment

Do not ignore.

Dear sirs,

I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals process. The driver had great difficulty locating a parking space which included leaving the car park to try elsewhwere and then returning. In any event your charges are penal and not a genuine pre estimate of loss.

I am under no statutory obligation to name the diver and will not do so.

Should you reject my appeal please supply a popla code.

Yours etc

If rejected edit http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...-Appeal-Letter to suit. It does win http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...pany-victories

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
        Do not ignore.

Dear sirs,

I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals process. The driver had great difficulty locating a parking space which included leaving the car park to try elsewhwere and then returning. In any event your charges are penal and not a genuine pre estimate of loss.

I am under no statutory obligation to name the diver and will not do so.

Should you reject my appeal please supply a popla code.

Yours etc

If rejected edit http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...-Appeal-Letter to suit. It does win http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...pany-victories

M1
        Thank you M1...i will do that today and send it recorded delivery . I will keep you informed . :-)

Comment

Originally posted by raindaisy View Post
          Thank you M1...i will do that today and send it recorded delivery . I will keep you informed . :-)

If you're that rich just pay it

https://www.parkingeye.co.uk/contact-us/ <--- free :okay:

M1

Comment

I wish i was:tinysmile_twink_t2:, just learnt the hard way with "lost in transaction" letters! :-) Right, they have resent a Parking Charge Notice, and today received letter from parking eye saying my appeal was unsuccessful, and all the speal about judgements and case law etc..there is a POPLA reference at the top , I guess I now go their website and log an appeal? what would be the grounds for appeal? I would be grateful of any advice.

Is it worth telling Parking Eye that they can pursue this through the court if they wish , but I am a full time carer on £61 per week only , my husband is on ESA (IR) Support Group as life threatening illness, I do have priority liability to pay some rent , utilities etc and have no assets and any offer will be the same as all other non priority debtors I currently have, who are also on hold, which will be either nil or token offer of £1 per month? just gone through 16 months of fighting bloody bedroom tax in the tribunal and ongoing , now this . which way now please?

Comment

Use the popla code and http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...-Appeal-Letter

Via the popla site is fine although as it's a lengthy appeal i usually say to follow up with an email to popla as there was a character limit at one time and they never told you they'd reached it !!

Something like

Dear sirs,

Popla Ref

I submitted an appeal on xxx

{copy and paste the appeal here}

Can you confirm it was all received as i understand there may be a character limit.

Yours etc

M1

Comment

thank you M1 for coming back so soon, the appeal letter is lengthy! I will do this asap, and I will let you know of further developments but I guess you know what PE will do! Thank you again.

Comment

I appealed and recd this letter via email :

We have received your appeal.

This will now be sent to ParkingEye Ltd. The operator will send their evidence

to us and to you before the scheduled date of hearing.

Your appeal will be considered on or soon after 27 August 2014.

You will be notified of the decision as soon as it is available, in the manner you

selected.
                  Yours sincerely,

I have not heard a dicky bird since does this mean they are going to court or other ?
                  Last edited by raindaisy; 2nd September 2014, 09:38:AM. Reason: word missing

Comment

It means you don't have patience :tung:

It can't go to court whilst a popla appeal is pending. (i say can't in the same vein that you can't kill someone which clearly you could if you wanted to but it's not a good idea)

M1

Comment

How very accurate you are! Patience is something i seemed to have lost ..as the years tick on! I will endeavor to wait and and see. Thank you :doggieyes:

Comment

Dear M1 , you are the master , and quite correct, patience patience..! Today, I received a reply to my appeal...and thanks to you , the appeal is allowed!

"..The Operator issued parking charge notice number 43*****
                        arising out of a presence on private land, of a vehicle with registration
                        mark ********
                        The Appellant appealed against liability for the parking charge.
                        The Assessor has considered the evidence of both parties and has
                        determined that the appeal be allowed.
                        The Assessor’s reasons are as set out.
                        The Operator should now cancel the parking charge notice forthwith.
                        Reasons for the Assessor’s Determination
                        It is the Appellant’s case that the parking charge notice was issued
                        incorrectly.
                        The Operator has not produced a copy of the parking charge notice, nor any
                        evidence to show a breach of the conditions of parking occurred, nor any
                        evidence that shows what the conditions of parking, in fact, were.

Accordingly I have no option but to allow the appeal"

Thank You you guys! :tongue2: any one reading this , just appeal :-)

Comment

Dear M1 , you are the master , and quite correct, patience patience..! Today, I received a reply to my appeal...and thanks to you , the appeal is allowed!

"..The Operator issued parking charge notice number 43*****
                          arising out of a presence on private land, of a vehicle with registration
                          mark ********
                          The Appellant appealed against liability for the parking charge.
                          The Assessor has considered the evidence of both parties and has
                          determined that the appeal be allowed.
                          The Assessor’s reasons are as set out.
                          The Operator should now cancel the parking charge notice forthwith.
                          Reasons for the Assessor’s Determination
                          It is the Appellant’s case that the parking charge notice was issued
                          incorrectly.
                          The Operator has not produced a copy of the parking charge notice, nor any
                          evidence to show a breach of the conditions of parking occurred, nor any
                          evidence that shows what the conditions of parking, in fact, were.

Accordingly I have no option but to allow the appeal"

Thank You you guys! :tongue2: any one reading this , just appeal :-)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X