• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Eye, parking charge Notice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Eye, parking charge Notice

Hi all,

Can anyone please help me, I have received a Parking Eye, Parking charge notice today for £60.00, when I parked on a ABP short stay car park in Southampton, it states if paid within 14 days.

We checked other cars which were parked there and no one had a ticket displayed, I have heard that I do not have to pay this charge as it is not an enforceable ticket.

Can you please let me know if this is correct as I do not want to end up with Bailiffs calling at my door

Thank you
    Tags: None

Re: Parking Eye, parking charge Notice

It's a civil "charge" so no bailiffs unless you go to court and then don't pay.

I'd suggest an appeal to parking eye such as

Dear sirs,

I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals procedure. The driver was not aware that they had to pay. In any event your charges are penal and not a genuine pre estimate of loss.

I am under no statutory obligation to name the driver and will not do so.

Should you reject my appeal please supply a popla code with the rejection.

Yours etc

Now they usually reject appeals, sometimes after asking for more info. You should then send popla an appeal based on http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...-Appeal-Letter which has never failed so far, to my knowledge. http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...pany-victories

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X