• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

parkingeye - cant believe it!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• parkingeye - cant believe it!!

My partner and I, along with my 87 year old parents had been out to lunch last Saturday 5th April, upon heading home my partner began to suffer a bad stomach ache, she was not going to make it home. We pulled into a small shopping area of about a dozen shops and a pub, I drove around the entire area, the car park was completely full, I now had to stop somewhere! There were perhaps a dozen empty bays to the side of the buildings, I pulled in and helped my partner quickly to the pub toilets, leaving my parents in the car. We left the area 13 minutes later.
    I have now received a parking fine of £60 [£100 after 29days] from ParkingEye, they threaten to "recover any unpaid part of the parking charge". They threaten no legal action, should I pay the charge, I find this so unfare as we stopped only for 13 minutes and for a genuine emergency!!

Can anyone please advise me what to do?

Thanks

Fed Up Pete
    Tags: None

Re: parkingeye - cant believe it!!

Appeal.

Dear sirs,

I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals procedure. The driver did not see the signs and was helping a relative with medical problems. In any event your charges are penal and not a genuine pre estimate of loss.

I am under no statutory obligation to name the driver and will net do so.

Should you reject my appeal please supply a popla code.

Yours etc.

If they don't uphold the appeal edit http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...-Appeal-Letter to suit and you'll win at popla.

It does work http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...pany-victories

M1

Comment

It isn't a fine (the use this wording in order to intimidate the unwary) - it's a Contract dispute.

Comment

In some cases it isn't even a contract dispute, it's a trespass.

Comment

sorry wrong thread.

Comment

Thanks mystery1,
            Just to clarify are you suggesting that I respond to parkingeye as per your text?

Fed Up Pete

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X