• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parkingeye Charge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parkingeye Charge

I have today received a charge from Parkingeye charging me £100 for being in a car park for 22 minutes in Earlsdon, £60 if paid within 30 days.

The car park is attached to a Premier Inn hotel and I believed, incorrectly that the parking would be free with the hotel room.

Once I'd booked in, the receptionist informed me that parking was at a charge of £8.00 a day. I dropped my bags in the room and moved my car out of the car park, hence the 20 minute delay. Reading through the other comments in here it sounds like I should not pay this fine, but I'm really nervous. I have already written them a letter (not yet sent) with a copy of the hotel room receipt and the reason for the misunderstanding, and have offered to pay them an hours worth of ticket. Do they have any legal cop with this/?

Advice would be gratefully received please
    Tags: None

Re: Parkingeye Charge

Dear sirs,

I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals procedure. The driver having arrived on site at the Premier Inn hotel at xxx did not see any signage. Upon checking in the driver discovered that it was not a free car park and there would be charges if they had stayed. The car was then removed. I enclosed a receipt to prove that there was custom. I am under no statutory obligation to name the driver and will not do so.

In any event your charges are penal and not a genuine pre estimate of loss. Should you reject my appeal please provide a popla code.

Yours etc

Should they refuse your appeal a popla appeal such as this has worked a proper treat.

M1

Comment

Re: Parkingeye Charge

And let this be a lesson to you - now that you know how they regard their customers, never stay in a Premier Inn "hotel" ever again!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X