• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Papers from Parkingeye!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court Papers from Parkingeye!

Hi All,

Sorry....it's another Parkingeye question!

I got a charge notice for overstaying on a free car park ages ago, and as per various forums, have ignored the letters I've received to date.

I have recently received what appear to be court papers and claim forms telling me I have to pay up (including solicitor and court fees) or fill in forms contesting the claim.

What can I do??? I've heard about Parkingeye sending out forms that look like court papers but actually aren't. I've never seen court papers before so how do I tell? These look pretty legit to me!

They arrived first class, not to be signed for, which seemed strange for such apparently important documents. I have received a recorded delivery letter from them previously, but these weren't.

Any advice really gratefully received!!
    Tags: None

Re: Court Papers from Parkingeye!

Hi and welcome.
    You say you have so far ignored previous communications from Parking Eye, so assume the "parking event" took place sometime ago, so you will have missed the opportunity to appeal to POPLA.
    Presumably the papers you have received are headed NORTHAMPTON (CCBC) COUNTY COURT and have the round court stamp on them. If your are uncertain if they were actually issued by the court, give them a ring on Monday to confirm it.
    The first action to take if these are genuine forms is to send the completed acknowledgement of service to the court, as this gives you another 14 days in which to file a defence.
    In the meantime, if this was a carpark serving a shop or retail park or restaurant etc write a strong letter of complaint to them. This is no way to treat or retain customers etc. and would they instruct PE to cancel their invoice.
    If you could then post up a copy of the claim form, suitably redacted so no personal or identifying information
    some one will help you construct your defence.

Comment

Re: Court Papers from Parkingeye!

Originally posted by lurcherlady View Post
      Hi All,

Sorry....it's another Parkingeye question!

I got a charge notice for overstaying on a free car park ages ago, and as per various forums, have ignored the letters I've received to date.

I have recently received what appear to be court papers and claim forms telling me I have to pay up (including solicitor and court fees) or fill in forms contesting the claim.

What can I do??? I've heard about Parkingeye sending out forms that look like court papers but actually aren't. I've never seen court papers before so how do I tell? These look pretty legit to me!

They arrived first class, not to be signed for, which seemed strange for such apparently important documents. I have received a recorded delivery letter from them previously, but these weren't.

Any advice really gratefully received!!
      Court papers don't have to be send recorded delivery, they are very often sent by first class post.

Could you scan or take a picture of the documents you received, removing all personal details, and post them up here? :typing:

Although still work in progress, this may be helpful: http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...050#post386050 :nerd:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X