• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

NIP - Photo not legible

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NIP - Photo not legible

Hi, received a NIP for an alleged 57 in a variable speed limit (50). I've looked online (Greater Manchester Police website) and there is a single photo, 400x300 pixels with a header across the top 1/3 then the remaining 2/3 split into 4 quadrants showing some cars with yellow lines across the picture, another taken a bit later, then a photo showing the variable limit, then a blank. The compound picture is of such low quality that nothing is identifiable, can't even make out the variable speed limit sign. What are my options here, I've emailed saying I can't recognize anything in the picture and to ask for a higher resolution image.

Many thanks in advance.
    Tags: None

What are my options here,
    You don't have any options here. The police have no obligation to provide you with photographs or any other evidence at this stage. You are only entitled to that if you are prosecuted in court. They may respond to your request for better images or they may not.

At this stage all you are being asked to do is to provide the driver's details. You must do this within the 28 days allowed and failing to do so will see you commit a separate, more serious offence which carries six points, a hefty fine and an endorsement code (MS90) which will see your insurance premiums rocket.

The driver will almost certainly be offered a course for that speed, provided (s)he has not done one for an offence which occurred in the three years prior to this one.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X