• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN Parked with one or more wheels on or over footpath

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCN Parked with one or more wheels on or over footpath

Need some advice on a parking issue. One Sunday afternoon the council came round with about 20 traffic wardens and ticketed all the cars on our street. I have lived here since 1987 and we have never had this problem, ever. We have a parking sign on our road which shows the a car with two wheels on the footpath and two on the road. I tried to upload the sign but I don't seem to be allowed to.
    The signs have been in place since the early to mid 90s and we have always parked in the same manner as the other attached image I tried to attach but was unable to, with two wheels on kerb. They say we have contravened section 62 - Parked with one or more wheels on or over a footpath or any part of the road other than the carriageway.
    I tried to appeal this and got what appears to be a standard rejection notice because the other residents on the road who appealed got the exact same reply.

They claim we parked over the indicated area, which doesn't make sense because we don't have any bays on our road unlike some of the neighbouring roads which have the bays marked and a sign saying to park within marked bays our road doesn't have bays or an indicated area because our road is so narrow in parts and its on a bend it would make it impossible for the rubbish trucks to get round.
    My argument with parking services is:

1.We have been parking in this manner for over 30+ years without issue,

2. The heavy handed manner of parking services to harass and bully us was completely unwarranted. There was no engagement with residents before hand to indicate there was a problem, they just showed up mob handed and started ticketing everything,

3.There are no bays to highlight any indicated area

4. The signage according to the government on street parking control signs website show the image we have on our road allows vehicles to be partially parked on the footway or verge
    and the manner the vehicle is parked is consistent with the sign allowing partial parking of the footpath.

I have now received the notice to owner and will try to appeal again to parking services.
    Their argument now is that footway parking is illegal in London, but the sign on our road and neighbouring roads says otherwise.
    Do I have a case here or am I wasting my time?
    BTW, I have 3 parking tickets, two on my car because I was away when they ticketed it so I got two tickets on two separate days for the same offence because no one was able to move it, I had the key and the spare key had a flat battery which my wife didn't know how to open to change and her car got a ticket too with the rest of the street.
    Tags: None

Suggest you post on Free Traffic Legal Advice (https://www.ftla.uk/index.php) as they have a wealth of knowledge around Penalty Charges

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X