• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Notice from council for temporary parking prohibition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notice from council for temporary parking prohibition

We had a general notice posted on lampposts a while ago that the road would be resurfaced sometime between 19th August 2024 and 14th October 2024. Today the council workers have put up signs of 2 varieties:

1. Advanced Warning Road Closed Here Week Commencing 12/09/2024 For Surface Dressing Weather Dependent
    2. No Parking 7.00am - 6.00pm SEPTEMBER 13th

Signs of variety #1 went up this morning.
    Signs of variety #2 went up at around 4pm this afternoon.

Today is of course the 12th and so the advanced notice isn't and it seems a bit unfair to give less than 24 hours notice of a parking prohibition.

What notice periods are the council required to give for the above, if any?
    And which laws, regulations, etc can they be found in?

TIA
    Tags: None

I've found the notice the council have made under section 14 of the road traffic regulation act 1984. It says "Temporary Road Closure [...] For a period of no more than 5 individual days between 19th August 2024 to 14th October 2024.

Does a road closure implicitly include parking prohibition? To my lay brain closing the road means you can't travel on it but cars already parked there would be okay.

Comment

Does a road closure implicitly include parking prohibition? To my lay brain closing the road means you can't travel on it but cars already parked there would be okay.
      How are they going to resurface the road when there are parked cars?

Comment

Most people would be ecstatic that their potholes are going to be filled. I simply don't undertsand the issue here.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X