• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Can I claim parking rights to park in front of my drive under the Prescription Act

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I claim parking rights to park in front of my drive under the Prescription Act

My wife and I live in a no through cul de sac and both park in one side of the end hammerhead section, on the road in front of our drive. We’ve parked like this for over 20 years continuously

We are looking to claim a right to park there on the road as we like via the Prescription Act. Can and how do we do this?

We want to make it more official as neighbours have been complaining that we are actually blocking a turning area and impeding a transferable easement which allows them a right of way over the whole road inc the turning area, but vehicles can still turn round okay. The odd one takes a few goes or reverses down the road. No one has complained before.

Looking at Land Registry the road is still in the name of a private company, the original developers I think, and has been since the sixties. These developers went into liquidation last year and no other owner had been assigned

However, also for the last 20 years and we think for a while before that, the road has always been maintained by the local council/highways authority/parish council . So public money pays for road re surfacing, a grit bin for the road, a road sweeper comes up here to clean kerbs, a lamp post and its maintenance and upgrades and the road name is on signs provided I’m guessing by the local authority- the signs are the standard type we see all over the U.K.. The council and Parish council seem to have jurisdiction e.g. a number of residents have been written to or spoken to about things like branches from gardens hanging over and impeding the pavement, issues regarding this road have also appeared on Parish Council meeting agendas.

can anyone advise please?
    Tags: None

Have reposted under property as its more applicable to a neighbour dispute rather than a parking issue

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X